Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla power point

Cbatoday

Is there only one power point in the front of the new corolla that sits in the centre console

Is there a fuse box under the dashboard that you can take a feed from for a Dashcam and a phone 

Yes, although the data/aux port should also be able to charge devices but at a reduced rate. It's an aspect of the Corolla that I think has been poorly thought out. It means that if you have a device plugged in as an audio source it has to be in almost full view of anyone looking inside the car. My previous car (Honda Jazz) had two USB ports inside the centre console as well as a USB port and an HDMI socket up front. All ports could supply the full USB charge and also act as data points. That meant I could leave my iPod hidden inside the centre console.

Mind you, the rest of the Honda system was pretty crap so that was about the best bit of it 😕

After some searching there seems to be a fuse box at the back area of the glove box on the right hand drive models

Will take a feed from there

20190625_221559.jpg

Must vary by spec, my Excel has one on the dash and two in the centre arm rest cubby

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Must vary by spec, my Excel has one on the dash and two in the centre arm rest cubby

Yes, I've also got the two power only ones under the armrest. I assumed the OP was looking for another power point on the dashboard to avoid trailing wires. Also - is there a cut out on the arm rest so that it be properly closed if the cables dangle outside it? I still think it'd be better if all the USB sockets could provide full power and data.

Ok removed the cover at rear of glovebox and there is 2 rose of micro fuses. I have piggy backed from the rear wiper which is a switched power source and fed the lead around the inside weather strip, up th A post and along top of headlining 

Dash cam works fine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links