Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota recall.

Angk6

First posting here , just wanted some advice re: Recall of Toyota Yaris. I received a letter February to inform me my car has been recalled because of airbag defect. I am still waiting for this to be sorted, I was hoping there were other users of this forum who is in the same situation & can advice me if I could do anything to speed up process. I have rung my nearest dealer several times & have been informed that still awaiting parts, I am so annoyed with this, I look after my grandson & haven't been able to take him in my car  fearing the worst would happen in the event of a crash. Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you.

Hi, 

the parts are of a large scale and may take months before been shipped from Japan. You don’t need to worry and just use your car as usual. The recall is because of an issue that may happen if accident occurred, so here are two possible things that may or may not happen, if there was a real danger to the passengers they will stop all those cars and put them of the road.  I am using mine and don’t even think about it. But if you are really uncomfortable with it just don’t use front passenger seat and you will be alright. I hope nothing will ever happen to anyone, but just in case Toyota are good and they are willing to help people. I start to believe that this often recalls are more kind of a marketing strategy than anything else, but maybe I am wrong but just sounds to me likely. 

Thank you TonyHSD  for your advice/reply much appreciated. Puts things into perspective for me.

It isn't just Toyota that is affected by these airbag recall - around 15-20 manufacturers are included (BMW, Honda, etc etc). See the following Wikipedia page on the Takata (the airbag manufacturer) recalls from 2013 to date - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takata_Corporation

Thank you for the information FROSTYBALLS, appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links