Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some ****** Hit My Car

knowlson

Last year my girlfirend and I brought a mini so I can do it up and she can drive about and have a bit of a show car.

Yesterday my girlfriend was on her way to work she pulled up at a junction put the handbrake on while she was waiting for the lights to change a lady in a daewoo rammed into the back of the mini thank god she had the hand brake on or she might have pushed her into the traffic. :ffs: :ffs:

She got the ladies details and a witness that saw the accident

She rang her insurance company TESCO and they would not let her take it to minispeed ( the garage that we have used for the last 4 years!!!!!) to get them to have a look at it they only wanted me to take it to a garage they wanted her to use.

So today she takes the car to the garage the bloke just looks at the car and I mean looked he did not open the boot get under the car or anything just a "sorry luv the car's a write off"

The real pisser is that the guy at the garage said it's only a mini dont worry about it. Bit it's not a standard mini it's a mini 30th there where only 250 made in black a that came with a sunroof and they are worth £2500-5000 depening on condition. When they do a parkers on it or what ever they do they will find out about the rareness of the car.

She drives back to work and get a call from the garage saying that tesco want to come and collect the car, She asked when she will get it back they say it is tesco's property now and they need to collect it!!!!!

There has been no written report on the damage to the car, no second opinion it's only happend 24 hours ago!!!

Anyone have any views on tesco? is this standard practise?? the other driver hit my girlfriends car from behind and the witness saw this. It just seems that my girlfirend is being treated badly and tesco are just being :censor: not giving her any info on what they are going to do.

So anyone heard of anything like this??

firstly i'd like to say sorry to here your news and hope your girlfriend is ok (she should have stayed in the car claiming her neck really hurts) secondly I belive you can tell the insurance company where you want the car to be repaired. Insurance companys do have approved repairers but you don't have to use them. I don't have any experiance with Tescos but why they want to collect the car evandes me unless its the garage trying to pull a fast one.

Cheers paul, Sarah is fine she had a little bit of a sore back this morning the mini does not have great steats or head rests she went to hospital to get checked out but there is nothing broken or any signes of whiplash. I think it was more shock then anything, she could not feel a couple of fingers on her left hand but we all deal with shock in diffrent ways.

Bit more info I have rung tesco as this was :censor: me off big time, Thy never instructed the garage to take the car.....hmmmmm Think your right paul the garage was trying to pull a fast one.

Tesco are now sending out an engineer next tuesday to inspect the car. But I have a surpise waiting for them :D paul from minispeed our guy whos does the mini is going to come over on tuesday as well and make sure that the engineer is not full of :censor: also :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i was gonna recommend getting a whitness 'expert' type blokey down

but seems you got that covered mate :thumbsup:

glad she didnt come off worse

Mate sorry to hear what happened,

Just reading what you put f :ffs: ked me off :ffs: , sounds like they are trying to screw you over, id go off the handle with them and tell them where you want the car to be fixed because you know that its gona get done right, and as for them wanting to take the car WHY??? :huh:

And why is it tesco's property now?? n :censor: b heads!!!

Mate sorry to hear what happened.

But don't hand over the car to your insurance company if they say it is a write off.

Once they make you an offer asked to buy it back if possible.

In my eyes the car still belongs to you until you are satisfied with the payment or get it repaired.

Good luck

Ash

Cheers people :thumbsup:

Ill get it sorted just not had much dealings with insurance companies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,

Glad your girlfriend's okay. My mum used to have a Mini 30 - they're great...

Insurance companies are sods (look back at some of my previous postings about trying to get money out of Direct Line ("No, she didn't have the authority to tell you that") but some of the Yaris owners work for insurance claim companies and have offered advice for folk if they need it, but I forget who. Like other people said, you can have the car repaired wherever you want, ut they do have the right to send out someone to look at it.

Good luck,

Alan

PS you might have trouble finding the side stripe as I know they were almost impossible to source whan Mum had hers resprayed just before she slod it a couple of years ago :crybaby:

Sorry to hear that dude, glad to hear your girlfriend is ok.

Whatever you do dude, dont back down on the pay out for the mini!

If its rare and have a higher value than they offer you then dont accept it and ask them to consult an expert (someone that knows the value of the car) on the pricing.

:thumbsup:

Got our mini guy to add up how much it should cost to get fixed £500 quid.... hmmmm write off my ***** I will be having words with the garage tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hope you get it sorted and glad your other half's ok. :thumbsup:

On the brighter side if it is a write-off I know a French car you could get next... :P ;)

Glad your girlfriends ok :thumbsup:

To be honest if the woman ran into the back of the car, then its her insurance company that will have to pay out anyway. No argument its her fault :yes:

Then when its repaired, I'd go round and park it up the blokes a :censor: e who said it was a right off :lol:

Glad ur gfs ok thats what counts, hope u get it all sorted sorry 2 hear bout tescos being a :censor: im with them altho not happy with the price of insurance and their attitude so thinking of changing

S**t man, they were really trying it on! Didn't know that had happened as well, hearing about the crash was bad enough mate!!! :ffs:

I think the garage might have known exactly what they were looking at if ya know what I mean, easy money to be made there if you were a mug, damned :censor: :ffs: .

Be sure to tell me which garage it was next time I see ya so I can spread the word never ever to go there.

As for Tesco's, Knowl, you know what my bro (who is also with them) thinks of 'em, ain't at all happy with what they do service/price wise so agree with Chuck there as well...came to the big old 25yr mark and like many others V.disappointed :ffs: .

Hope all the insurance stuff checks out OK, don't let em :censor: you around, then again why did I just say that, I know ya won't :thumbsup:

Glad your GF's OK mate.Thats the main thing.Now get the mini sorted and give that garage a piece of your mind!

I too have heard bad things about tesco,guy i worked with had to involve a third party solicitor, to give them a kick up the butt when someone ran into him.

Good Luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links