Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Avensis Tourer windscreen washer replacements

cluvie

Hi guys one of the jets on my Avensis wasnt spraying correctly so i got a compression and blew them out. Unfortunately all I did was blow out the inserts on both jets and loose them!! Ive been onto Mr T and he tells me theres different angles on the jets which are marked -1 or what have you. I dont see any markings on my old ones. Anybody come across this before? Any tips on how to remove the jets? Thanks 

The fixed jets were also fitted to the first generation Auris and similarly there were options for different angled jets (ie. +1, -1, etc).

• Thanks 1

They dont make things easy do! I took them out and checked them from what I can see drivers side is 1 and passenger side is 2. On flea bay no mention of angles or numbers etc

Paul, after you find the correct jets I would advise you to only use quality premixed screenwash, as the  jets are apparently not the best of quality and clog-up extremely easy.

The drivers side jet on my 2012 avensis failed after a few years and was replaced under warranty, only to fail again after another 2 years. I replaced this avensis with a 2017 model and was advised to only used premixed screenwash, they haven't clogged up so far. 

Toyota will charge you about £15.00 for 1 jet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That translates to probably 50e min for a pair here in Eire. The price of parts from Toyota is gone ridiculous! They are in my opinion on a par now with Mazda etc. Only thing in Toyotas favour is that the scrappies are full of them! I hate using scrappies half the time what you get is worse than what your hoping too replace lol

13 hours ago, estate said:

Paul, after you find the correct jets I would advise you to only use quality premixed screenwash, as the  jets are apparently not the best of quality and clog-up extremely easy.

The drivers side jet on my 2012 avensis failed after a few years and was replaced under warranty, only to fail again after another 2 years. I replaced this avensis with a 2017 model and was advised to only used premixed screenwash, they haven't clogged up so far. 

Toyota will charge you about £15.00 for 1 jet.

So true bout not using tap water. I only use premixed washer and coolant. Tap water has so much impurities that can cause issues. Distilled water has less issues, but I still prefer to use premix. 

• Thanks 1

I ordered them from Mr T Ireland. 40e for the pair. If you look at the nozzles as they are attached to the bonnet you can little indents. In my case there are two. They also need to know where the little nozzle hole sits as in centre..left of centre etc etc. What a flaf!

Have a look at my "how to".  It's a T25 but it might be helpful.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that Stivino but its a totally different set up. Modern is dfinitely not always better! A lot to be said for simple and effective lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links