Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 GR Sport PHEV how to adjust speed limit warnings

Monkeytunes

I can't find a way to change the speed limit warning levels , the odd thing is I've seen it before in setting but for some reason the options has gone stealthy on me , in RSA settings I've got the option to adjust audible/ visual but not the adjustment for 1/3/5 miles over the speed limit, am I being daft or anyone else had the same problem or can point me in the right direction ? 

• Like 1

Discussed a fair bit previously. 
Not options to change the 1/3/5 any more its seems. 
Can disable the speed limit change loud beep permanently, but not the over speed limit alert (which re-enables at each car start). 
It's frustrating to start with, then becomes, as expected, something you just end up ignoring, which entirely negates its purpose. 
For me, its a foolish implementation, but.. this is the way

• Thanks 1

The strange thing is I only got the car last week and the option was on there then , so stopping this action must be very recent . Not sure why they would have stopped it .

I've never been able to find it on mine. 
Manual shows: 
image.thumb.png.c1d2e4ec9407ad7006da94a0ef1204d8.png

image.thumb.png.75d06b9851eebb91a079c0c5f31c71aa.png

My understanding is UK is a 1mph fixed setting. 
Something else to remember is that most settings aren't available when the vehicle is moving (which is usually when I think about wanting to change something)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Change it to Display Only? That should stay like that permanently. Did that on mine but it's a 2021 R4P. 

Stop the annoying beeps. Just means you'll get a red speed symbol on the HUD. I don't notice that.

I use Waze which I've set to beep each time I go 10 or 15 percent over the limit I think. Can't recall.

• Like 1

I saw on the other forum that you can't turn them off permanently in 2024 RAV4. Once you turn them off, they will be back on when you start the car next time 🤯

• Like 1

Yes I tried switching to just visual but sound came back on when I started the car next . I wish they had left the option to increase the speed tolerance . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Monkeytunes said:

Yes I tried switching to just visual but sound came back on when I started the car next . I wish they had left the option to increase the speed tolerance . 

Totally agree - at least by being able to adjust the over speed tolerance within sensible limits you can compensate for the speedo safety margin.

Once again a new requirement that nobody needs or wants, nanny knows best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does the current / 2024 model have personalisation options so that the car knows exactly who is driving? I.e. smart key or face recognition type stuff?

If not, I fear that owners are 'caught out by the current set of rules - i.e. certain mandatory safety features are required to be returned to the default 'safe' setting each time the car is started. The driver is then free to configure the car as he/she wants it for the upcoming trip (as far as the customisation options allow). The safety features in question are summarised in:

General Safety regulations_ Factsheet_V5.pdf

Once the car knows exactly who the driver is, it should be possible to restore the customisation settings chosen by that driver more automatically ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2024 at 9:02 AM, kucyk said:

Once you turn them off, they will be back on when you start the car next time

Yep. Its this. For the 1mph over speed limit for whatever signpost it saw last. For the 2024 at least. 
I don't mind a warning when I need to be warned, and I drive sensibly, but it sees signs incorrectly way too often, so its a distraction, and gets ignored, which makes it pointless, and equally infuriating. 
If I'm alone in the car with music on, I don't really hear/notice it much. But if I'm transporting passengers, I end up turning off the whole RSA system, because they get annoyed too and ask why its beeping, and I can't switch the mode to visual-only unless I remember to do it when the car is stopped. Gonna cause an accident for someone, in some car, at some point. 

I might start a new craze of displaying a large national speed limit sign on the back of my car, in the hope that it catches on, and we can all drive around with our cars seeing the car in front as the max limit, so we get no more distracting beeps /s

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:40 PM, Monkeytunes said:

This is going to drive me nuts. 

The Speedo is fast by 3mph at 30mph. 6 or 7 mph at 70. According to the GPS calibration I've done.

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

The Speedo is fast by 3mph at 30mph. 6 or 7 mph at 70. According to the GPS calibration I've done.

Mine seems to be pretty constant across the speed range around 3 to 4 mph slow against the GPS.  When I use Waze the actual speed against the national road speeds is displayed always a good cross check.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 6:45 AM, ernieb said:

Mine seems to be pretty constant across the speed range around 3 to 4 mph slow against the GPS.  When I use Waze the actual speed against the national road speeds is displayed always a good cross check.

Thats interesting Ernie. Mine seems to diverge further at higher speeds. So at 76mph on the Speedo, Waze and a GPS speed app both report 70mph GPS speed. 

21 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thats interesting Ernie. Mine seems to diverge further at higher speeds. So at 76mph on the Speedo, Waze and a GPS speed app both report 70mph GPS speed. 

Interesting, I've 'calibrated' mine on flat roads, not easy in reality as I live around the 'Chilterns' and very frequently run up the M1 to Derbyshire every few weeks for a week, both present pretty constant slopes and hills. (Even the M1 is not that flat between Junction 11a and 28)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ernieb said:

Interesting, I've 'calibrated' mine on flat roads, not easy in reality as I live around the 'Chilterns' and very frequently run up the M1 to Derbyshire every few weeks for a week, both present pretty constant slopes and hills. (Even the M1 is not that flat between Junction 11a and 28)

Thanks Ernie. I might now be a little more cautious as to what speed I set the adaptive cruise control on the motorway, which is usually about 77mph, assuming I'm really only doing 70mph to 74mph. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links