Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter

Dezzer21

Just tried to remove pollen filter cover on my YC and found it difficult as didn’t want to break the catches, tried to squeeze the tabs in as shown in manual but no joy should I just pull till it releases, anyone done this or got suggestions.

I checked the filter on my Yaris last year. It was awkward to remove.

You also have to put the vents on re-circulation I seem to remember.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dezzer21 said:

Just tried to remove pollen filter cover on my YC and found it difficult as didn’t want to break the catches, tried to squeeze the tabs in as shown in manual but no joy should I just pull till it releases, anyone done this or got suggestions.

I don’t remember struggling.  The catches are reasonably robust.  

• Like 1

It's a lot easier at this time of year, you're much more likely to break the clips in Winter. Perhaps wait until the afternoon, when the temperatures a little warmer? That's what Ill be doing, when I try to remove the trim panel iside my tailgate.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 3:38 PM, Hadrian1 said:

I checked the filter on my Yaris last year. It was awkward to remove.

You also have to put the vents on re-circulation I seem to remember.

I had some problem removing the glovebox ( latches are harder than expected ) but then was easy to reinstall the pollen filter after having found it in the glovebox a week after car was serviced 😉.

Now I've learned how to do it and surely I'll replace the filiter by myself the next time.

Edit:  I've a LHD car.   Probably on a RHD one the pollen filter replacement is easier.

Think that Toyota cabin filters are the easiest to replace from all cars. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found the one in my Yaris very awkward to get out. It took me ages to get one of the clips to release.

The filter in my Lexus came out very easily.

Just a question:  What are the size specs of MK4 Yaris pollen filter?   Is the same used by MK3 ( or other Toyota models ) ?

I *thought* the filters were meant to sit in a cradle?
When I saw a video on YouTube, that was the case?
However the video above does not have a cradle either? and having looked at a few more they do not have them either.

I was here to ask if there should be one? 🙂

My glovebox was a bugger to get off as well, with the catch on the drivers side. Passenger side one popped out easily, the other one was a struggle. I can the service mechanic giving this a miss if it is part of the service TBH.

This video on youtube recommends pulling off the hinges first, so I might give that a try next time.

• Thanks 1

My cabin/pollen filter arrangement is the same as shown in both videos. No "cradle". My cover and fan are black though.🙄

Unlike the second video, the first doesn't show the damper being removed. I have to push quite hard to release the stops on each side of the glovebox. It's much easier with the glovebox removed completely. In fact, I've never tried without that.

Yes, the hinges can be a bit of a fiddle to both dislodge and refit.

• Like 1

Yeah I found it much easier in the Mk1 Yaris as the filter was in a carrier and you just slide the whole carrier out, replace the filter, then slid it back in.

The Mk2 onwards to the Mk4 all have a bare filter behind that door where you have to squeeze the tabs on one side, pull the cover forward slightly, then slide it sideways to release the two teeth/forks/pointy bits on the other side.

You shouldn't have to squeeze the tabs very hard for them to release, but it's very easy to squeeze the plastic guard or whatever it is instead so most of your force is going onto that instead of the tab.

Getting the glovebox out is the hardest part, esp. as newer models have the damper piston which I always forget about and then it rotates on it and catapults the contents of my glovebox all over the floor. Again. :crybaby: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links