Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash cam question re install

te154

Hi all

(First time poster - have checked to see if already a similar thread re my question, so hope i'm following protocol)

Planning on getting my daughter a Dashcam for her 62 Yaris and was hoping to use a local service to hardwire it similar to the service Halfords offer, maybe even Halfords themselves.

Quick question tho - on the videos i've watched, they hide the wiring in the a-post and then across, and as i was looking at her car last night, the a-post seems to be where the the curtain airbag is deployed from.  Would they still be able to pop the cover and hide the wiring behind the trim or is that a no-go.

Any pointers or advice appreciated - don't fancy having it just loose with wires everywhere as i think there is more chance her not using it unless the wiring is neatly tucked away.

Thanks

Tom

I have hid Dashcam wires on an Auris, Gen3 Prius and Gen 4 Prius with no problem.  No need to pull trim off or anything like that. There is enough flex in roof and other lining just to push the cable behind and hide, maybe with the help of a blunt “tool” like a dinner knife or a screwdriver blade, just something help create a gap so you can tuck the wire in.

Joe is right. That's exactly how I did mine and it was very easy to do tidily.

Some dashcams are even supplied with a plastic trim tool. As already mentioned, any non sharp implement will be fine.

I have front and rear cameras installed. Don't worry about the A pillar trim. The cable does easily tuck in at the top without interfering with the airbag. Hides behind the rubber front door seal and there is a small gap at the front of the headlining. No problem tucking in the cable there using the blunt tool. I route centre to left then rubber seal which is closest to the fusebox.

Even if you use the 12v socket the wires can still be mostly hidden.

I have the 12v supplied from the cig lighter fuse using a "piggyback". That goes to a dedicated rechargeable Battery which supplies 12v for parking mode, if required.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links