Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Starts But Does Not Rev

Solly

Hi guys i need help please. I sent my Yaris T3 for a valet and water went into the ECU and blew. I managed to find and fit on a second hand one which was coded and refitted.  The cars starts but does not rev. Thereafter i tried another 2 ECUs which were coded and refitted but all gave me the same problem. I have had the almost everything tested on the mechanical side at a Toyota dealership and no one seems to be able to solve the issue. All fuses have been replaced including the fuse box in the engine compartment. I have also tested my replacement ECU in another Yaris and its working perfectly. can anyone assist or has anyone had the same experience . Please help

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed

Had you looked at the accelerator pedal which has the electronic module to sense your accelerator position? It's probably water damaged??

Have you made sure that the replacement ecu(s) is like for like e.g. French build for French build or Japanese for Japanese? Sometimes this can be overlooked when changing parts over.

Someone has been playing with the parts cannon

with a scan tool check the data and look at the tps parameters (throttle pedal and tps on the TB), check for powers and grounds and then scope the signals if thats ok

make sure you have comms with modules if not scope out the data lines

A wild stab in the dark is if the engine bay has been steam cleaned or jet washed i would unplug the abs module and see if it cures the issue

Thanks guys for the quick response. Accelerator pedal and throttle body was removed and check in another car and works perfectly. I have tried about 4 different ecu boxes and still the same. I will try and unplug the abs module and try it. Wish me luck guys.

You tried the parts in another car, but you did not do what flash22 asked, did you try to read live data when pressing the pedal?

Could be the wiring harness,connector corossion, short circuit, etc, something between the pedal and the ECU.

What is the exact code ? it could just be a pin fitment issue (the contacts have been spread to far apart)

• 2 weeks later...

Try looking at this thread, your fuse might have gone when your ecu blew.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links