Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Master brake cylinder

Morten Taraldsen

Have been tryin to bleed brakes with no luck. How can i check if master brake sylinder is working ok. Open to all tips on brakes. Sincerly Frode Børresen

To bleed the brakes successfully, I find I had to use a pressure bleeding kit - Gunson Eezibleed available in the UK. Also with the correct car diagnostics that support the function, like Toyota Techstream, the ABS is also part of the bleeding process.

You must have a late registered car, because here in the UK at least, the Avensis was ceased back in 2018. The new Camry and Corolla have effectively replaced the Avensis.    

what year avensis ? 2002 ? 2012 ?

i would use a vacuum based bleeder as it will pull the air out of the ABS pump if its still sucking air you either have a bad hose/joint/wheel cylinder/caliper or the master cylinder is bad

depending on the year and if its manual the clutch is fed off the same reservoir  if that is letting past you will lose fluid and it may draw air in

What was the original issue ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links