Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 1.33 - Reverse Sensors and Crankshaft Sensor Issues!

bluedove

I recently had a problem with my Toyota Auris 1.33 - clutch as it was not picking up speed- took it to garage and big bill was ready for me as been advised clutch is worn out. So they put a new clutch but kept car for over two days as I been told its a big job. Anyway paid and took my car back but only realized back sensors have stopped working. Those sensors used to beep whenever I am reversing or close to any obstacle. so what happened?? Took it back to garage and been advised this is an electric fault nothing to do with clutch replacement. 

Only two days on the road and engine shuts itself off in the middle of road.= panic ! however when I started my car again worked fine how strange? Thought may be a one off thing but happened every time I cold started my car and took it on road . 3/4 of miles done and engine stalled car completely off. I was literally sweating as I only spent half of my salary on clutch problem and now this issue. However I took it back to garage (same) and they put a scanner on- and I was told its now rankshaft sensor toyota auris----- now another bill was ready. ... Paid as I have no other car or way to fix this problem.

Now I wanna ask how come rankshaft sensor toyota auris died after clutch problem? Is it just coincidence ? Also where to find reverse sensors button as I looked everywhere but nothing to be seen at the back- I even ripped apart brake lights but still no joy.

Toyota Auris 1.33 2009 

Any one who can help me would be much appreciated. 

Does your reversing light still work? If not the parking sensor issue may be as simple as they've forgotten to plug the reversing light switch connector back in when re-fitting the gearbox, or damaged the connector or wiring in some way when unplugging it.

5 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Does your reversing light still work? If not the parking sensor issue may be as simple as they've forgotten to plug the reversing light switch connector back in when re-fitting the gearbox, or damaged the connector or wiring in some way when unplugging it.

Reverse light is working fine. One would expect sensor switch or light be at the back in boot not tied to gear  box but you could be right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links