Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 mk1 TS audio controls and head unit lcd not working

BRAAAP_STUTUTUU

Hello lads, i've had this issue for a while now, and i've kinda just ignored it since it wasn't really directly impacting my driving by that much.

However, listening to a single CD for this long a period at the same volume (can't change it, which makes it impossible to hear at speeds over 65mph) gets old quite fast.

the issue is that one day i came back to start my car on a cold morn' and the head unit lcd just wasn't turning on, on top of that i couldn't use any audio related buttons save two of the CD system.

i can't switch to radio, but the radio system itself seems to function as i still get road info messages automatically (on that note, is it possible to turn those off?)

Disconnect the battery  for 15 mins or remove and disconnect the stereo and see if it resets, old oem radios are dirt cheap on eBay, you could go with a new after market radio but your looking at £150 by the time you add the control adapter and fascia

http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=45

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-YARIS-2000-MK1-5DR-FRONT-DASH-DISPLAY-CLOCK-86110-52021-B0/333428378071?fits=Model%3AYaris%2FVitz&hash=item4da1e149d7:g:4FQAAOSwjatd64g8

Edit. Not sure what country you are from but im sure you can find one locally

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links