Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noob question.

Fateguard

Hello. 

I've owned my (2004)yaris for a few years now. Yesterday I went to get a new rear window wiper as mine broke. In the salvage yard I noticed that certain yaris of same year have cruise control installed, it seems to be OEM part. But I can't find any information about these. I'm attaching an image of said yaris.

Maybe someone has information if this "device" can be installed in a yaris that never had one in addition to that, do I need just the part that is on the steering wheel or do I need something extra?

toyota-yaris-dalimis-37068777319-s-batoro-g-5-vilnius-8-30.jpg

I would look more closely at those buttons. They control the stereo on my daughter’s Yaris (a 2003 1.0 T-Spirit).

They are the audio controls, if you do not have them you will need the wheel and clockspring aswell

edit. i dont think the MK1 yaris come with cruise from the factory

Edit 2. The yaris got Cruise on the MK2 2006 onwards

Thank you. Now I feel kind of stupid, but still, thank you

Don’t worry about that: we all had to learn somewhere. My daughter called me to say her radio had stopped working. When I checked the radio I noticed it was on long wave. She had accidentally pressed the mode button on the steering wheel which switched the radio from from FM to AM. She had been without radio for several days. Pressing the button again got it back to FM.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:52 AM, jonquirk said:

Don’t worry about that: we all had to learn somewhere. My daughter called me to say her radio had stopped working. When I checked the radio I noticed it was on long wave. She had accidentally pressed the mode button on the steering wheel which switched the radio from from FM to AM. She had been without radio for several days. Pressing the button again got it back to FM.

You must be around quite a while, to remember, long wave, also there was short wave, and medium wave 🤔

I will admit to not being in the first flush of youth. My daughter’s car was bought from a colleague’s partner. Both are devotees of Radio 4. When my daughter accidentally changed waveband the radio was tuned to 198 kHz which should be Radio 4. Not sure why she only got static, unless BBC have shut down their long wave service? I have never seen a factory fitted SW receiver in a car.

Most radios still do AM but not LW, most radios will default to a set frequency, not seen a car fitted with a LW radio (from new ) since the late 80's

I'm not that old but i am an occasional SW listener and listen to the radio hams

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links