Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Toyota yaris hybrid - Central Locking Faulty

Ajaz_786

The link made the sat nav come on and fixed a few other faults that were showing. Also prior to the link. The key fob was not working. The 5amp is a spare. But I've pressed in all of the 5s just Incase. Thanks 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ajaz_786

• flash22

What other faults ? Remove the link then find the issue(s) otherwise you will be chasing ghosts

Disconnect the 12v Battery for 15-20 mins (drivers side under the back seat ) and let everything reset

Before the link it was. Steering angle sensor, traction control light was on, hybrid charging fault and then the central locking. Once the link went all faults went away and never showed up again on the diagnostic. Might sound daft so please but I really tried to get the seat up so I could that. But for the life of me couldn't get the seat up. Thanks again

2-300mm along the front edge of the seat and pull straight up it may need a few tugs

pull the link and read the codes

any of the front end suspension been changed ? any airbags deployed ?

edit, steering angle fault will put the TC light on, a steering angle calibration may sort it but the sensor may be bad, that can be confirmed with looking at the data from the sensor (live data) on a scan tool

Ill give it a go. No suspension damage. No airbags deployed it was supposed to be an easy bolt on repair 

If you haven't already inspect the suspension, lower arm's bend and things get bent

Daft question but how would that affect the key fob? 

I was referring to the steering angle sensor lol

I will have to look at the diagnostic procedure, i take you had the key synced with a scan tool

Does the car have the premium pack (smart entry and go and folding mirrors)

Oh lol. When the link wasn't made the steering angle sensor fault showed along with the others mentioned as soon as the link went in all the faults went away and diagnostic came up clear of any faults.. Yes the key was synchronised with a scan tool and it was clear the car is reading the key and nothing was wrong with the fob itself.. No the car doesn't have the premium pack. Thanks again 

With a scan tool can you see the yaw sensor ? Can you read the yaw sensor ?

Ok start a fresh

NO LINK

With the doors closed does the door lock/unlock switch on the drivers door work ?

Yes the doors lock and unlock with switch on the door. 

Auto lights ? The wireless locking may have been disabled

you can check this with techstream or the Toyota intelligent tester

Check the voltage and grounds at the locking receiver (5 pin connector) pins 1 and 5 the two outer pins

It hasn't got automatic lights 

3 minutes ago, Ajaz_786 said:

It hasn't got automatic lights 

what spec is it ? On the stalk it should be marked auto

No auto marked on the stalk. 

This is a tricky one to diag over the forum, as the locking is working and the car sees the key and has been resynced (i assume the scan tool can see the lock/unlock signal) from the receiver in the footwell)

Yes I did mention that to the fella who came out. He said that would come up as a fault if it was to be. He said theres got to be something in the door. But everything from the old has been transferred over according to the body guy. I only take his word on it. I'm about to disconnect the Battery in the back. Manage to get the seat up. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. 

There is an unlock detect switch what's built into the door lock/solenoid have a fiddle with key in the physical Locks on the doors

recheck the fuse behind the glove box ECU-B No 2 (5A)

Have fiddled with the locks quite abit. I checked the fuse also. It's ok

Oh one more thing.. I did notice at night. When all interior lights come on, the swtiches drivers side door don't illuminate as they should when you turn lights on. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links