Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 rav exhaust size

Spiker64

Hi guys, my wife's 2007 petrol Rav4 has recently started to blow from the exhaust. Whilst getting some new tyres I got the exhaust looked at.

The exhaust is blowing just after the back box. I was shown that that section of the exhaust will cost me £200. Not too bad, or so I thought, unfortunately my wife's exhaust is an early one?? and is in one part that includes the catalytic converter as well as the back box. This will cost £700. Not so good. I have been told if the wife's one piece exhaust is the same diameter as the new two part exhaust, my wifes exhaust could be cut to leave the old cat in place. Does anyone out there know if the two exhausts would be the same diameter to save me some money. 

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

The exhaust on this car consists of a front pipe which is flanged to the centre section - the centre section is then flanged to the back box. The centre section consists of a large silencer and an aftercat.  If using aftermarket parts to replace the silencer - the exhaust pipe is cut downstream of the aftercat - the new section is already swaged to fit over the old pipe. No welding is involved. This is an example of the new silencer section.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RAV-4-2-0-VVT-i-2005-2008-SUV-Exhaust-Central-Silencer/173695377376?fits=Model%3ARAV+4&hash=item28710d1fe0:g:td0AAOSwhu9cF22r

If there was a requirement, it's easy to join exhaust pipes of different diameters by using an adaptor piece with clamps or welding or expanding the end of the smaller diameter to suit the ID of the larger diameter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links