Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

04 corolla 1.6 wiper linkage failure

Droops

Have removed front wiper motor and linkage assy from 1.6 04 corolla hatch,does anyone knows if part no 85110-1a050  which has a straight bar , is compatible with all the units on eBay that all seem to be raised on one side. Or do I have a unique corolla !

car.JPG

Can you post a link to the eBay ones your refer to - are they second hand ones or new ?

Many thanks for reply O'Codger  they are the secondhand ones on eBay of which several around £30.  The plug/socket is the same .

Thanks in anticipation regards

corolla wiper.jpg

They do look quiet different in the angle the motor is mounted, though the spindes may be in the same positions,  but hard to say if they will fit yours ok ?

Many parts are shared across many models, partic the Avensis, but some might have slight modifications.

If the selller says it will fit your car, model and vin number., get that in writing/message and that they will reimburse if it does not, and pay by PP so you have protection should they renege.

Okey dokey many thanks for your time on that. 

And maybe other posters may have direct experience of this the unit as removed, mine looks very much identical to the corolla verso wiper units, but not sure if the spacing of the spindles would be the same.

Will try asking toyota technical, but no doubt they would like to sell one for £100 plus !

How has your mechanism failed?

If the ball joints keep popping off, then there are these clips available for a 'temporary' fix:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WINDSCREEN-WIPER-LINKAGE-MOTOR-REPAIR/dp/B00XAJ5UJE

There are some others at slightly different prices on eBay etc.

I haven't used them myself, but may need to soon on our old Corolla.

Hi Gerg,

Thanks your reply and info,  but no the driver side spindle has worn through its casing surround, such that it will still operate, but catches badly when raising the bonnet . Although it did pass its mot last year, dont think they noticed.

regards

A quick look at the epc shows 2 types Valeo and Denso

Denso 85150-02120

Valeo 85150-02071 (more common item)

It looks like the valeo linkage is an upgraded part as it was no longer used after 05/2004

HI flash22,

My unit 85110-1a050  looks identical to the secondhand ones on eBay, of the corolla verso units . Would you know if the spindle wiper distance spacing is the same on the verso as my 2004 1.6 hatch  ? as if so may well fit.    Can only find one  85110-1ao50   on eBay and that is in Australia !

regards

85110-1a050 is the part number of the motor not the linkage ! eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Front-Wiper-Motor-159200-5182-85110-1A050-MK9-2004-RHD-/112394018167

As i said in my previous post the Valeo part is the same part just a better design - the linkage sits at an angle allowing the motor to pull and push more efficiently, the spindles will be the same distanced apart

the verso will have a bigger windscreen so the linkage ratio will be different imho

Rito Thanks Flash, 

So then - Would those units (which proliferate on ebay) a picture of which i posted earlier for comparison (angled linkage), be compatible with my vehicle ?

Thanks

regards

The spindles will be the same distance apart, but i'm not sure about the mounting points

you could ask the seller if they would measure centre to centre of the mounting holes for you

As a resolution to this problem . I used a high quality steel jubilee clip and plenty of grease to hold the spline shaft in place.

Apalling toyota build quality on this item, C**p materials.  And to source a replacement is seemingly unobtanium. Main stealership costing the value of the vehicle.

tbh it's a 16-year-old car, manufactures do change designs, case in point is the Toyota IQ window mechanisms

i can find aftermarket items at around £60

Quite . However had they not used cheap mild steel probably chinese, there would not be extreme wear to the point of complete failure. I have had other makes with twice my mileage and no problems.

I have paid and registered for several  Breaker sources and cannot find anything.   

• 4 months later...

Hi Dropps,

I have the exactly same issue and I cannot find a wiper linkage same than mine.

Did you manage to find one? and if so, where?

Thank you very much,

Ramon

85110-1A050.jpg

Wiper Linkage.jpg

Hi,

Just checked back on this site , saw your question !

I have orderered a secondhand Valeo unit off  eBay, should arrive end next week (17th oct)  Will let you know if it will fit or not .

Regards Droops

Hi Ramon Toyota ,

Good news ! The Valeo angled shaft wiper linkage/motor assembly fits pretty much perfectly, only proviso, I had to ream out 3mm of the plastic escutcheon at the top of the aperture where the driver side wiper shaft protrudes.  But you may be lucky and not have to.  Picked mine up for £13 from eBay so no big deal.   

Regards   Droops

Hi Droops,

Thanks for letting me know!

I had found the same one that we have on eBay: 85110-1A050, but the order has just been canceled 😞

85110-1A050.thumb.jpg.7f9ade7f8cf46c6bda9647ebfc81545b.jpg

I had been investigating and I found out that the official instructions of the car shows the name of the part, and then, I found the equivalence, the OEM part number.

• 85110 MOTOR ........ MOTOR ASSY, WINDSHIELD wiper, 85110-1A050
  • 85160 LINKAGE ...... LINK ASSY, WINDSHIELD wiper, 85150-1A020

I hope it helps others, as you solved! 👏

Could you please post a picture (the one from eBay would be fine) showing the part that you bought and the number?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Ramon

OEM Number Wiper LInkage.png

image.png.b810a5eefd084ce93ca33aa48d464c31.png

Its identical to this one, the issue looks the same ( from your PM ) in that the bearing case surround is starting to crack. A good secondhand unit should be fine, COROLLA 2004-2007 FRONT wiper MOTOR AND LINKAGE 85110-02090-A which directly replaces my duff unit  85110-1a050

regards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links