Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Yaris do i have ?

Yarriman

Hi everyone

First post on here and I am already asking strangers for help ! 😊

My mother in law has decided to give up driving and I have decided to keep her Toyota Yaris 'in the family' as a little run around we all can drive from time to time.

The problem I have is identifying it when trying to buy/order parts on line. I know I could go to a main dealer etc,etc but this is not the plan for this car.

I have bought front discs and pads using the registration as ID only to find the pads are from a different model so I thought I would have a 'shop around' on line to see where the supplier went wrong and I discovered all sorts of models/variants listed and some of those are conflicted from site to site. Using the registration number online also throws up 'these parts will/will not fit your model' etc when that info is clearly wrong.

So what I am basically asking you guys for is help using my VIN etc to pinpoint exactly  what model our little run around is to help me in future. Here is as much info as I have

VIN : VNKKL963660A030479

ENG No 2SZD 596842          64Kw/87BHP petrol 1.3vvt

I believe it is a second Generation but not sure if it is a JT . The car was first registered in 2006 and is RHD five door.

Thank you all .

Your car is a French built mk2 yaris, model code: SCP90R CHMGKW with a 2SZFE 1.3 engine.

Hope that helps.

That was impressive Stan....I am always amazed at the depth and range of knowledge on here.

The first 3 letters of a 17 digit vin are the world manufacturer identity (WMI)

VNK - French Built

JT - Japanese Built

The 10th digit is the year of manufacture

In your case its a 2006, French built, 1.3, 5 door

i can't find the exact date but it could be one of 3 models, is it a manual or semi auto ??

Thanks for the answers people, it's a manual BTW .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links