Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

McNish set to stay for rest of 2002.

Nick-Johnson

Panasonic Toyota F1 have rubbished press speculation that Allan McNish may be replaced before the end of the 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship season. Team President Ove Andersson clearly stated during FIA Press Conference in Hockenheim that no decision regarding the 2003 driver line-up has yet been taken as yet.

:)

I don’t know what it is about drivers that come to F1 from CART, but with the exception of Jacques Villeneuve and Juan Pablo Montoya they find it hard to get the hang of it. Nice guys but Alessandro Zanardi and Michael Andretti were a big disappointment. You find alot of drivers that never made it in F1 drive in CART now like Shinji Nakano, Christian Fittipaldi, and Max Papis. :D

I've heard Heinz Herald Frentzen may be in contention for next season after his departure from Arrows

Well the Toyota F1 team haven't done well this season, so that's not a surprise.

The only thing I'm not sure of if the problem is with the drivers or the cars or both!

The Toyota lump is not under powered by any means. Its got more grunt that the Mercedes V10 thats sits in the rear of the McLaren. But its the Aero Dynamics that Toyota has the issue with. With the funding that they have I bet they will be a differrent team in 2003. Its so hard to change a car half way through a season. As teams like Jaguar well know, and thats another story for another day. :P

personally I think Toyota have done extremely well for their first season, and have established good ground for improvement for next.

Why should anything be wrong with either the drivers or the car? There are lots of teams that never finish races in thier first season, let alone score points. Toyota have done.

It doesn't seem fair to talk about ditching the drivers after 1 uncompleted season just as it isn't fair to expect the car to be as competitive as a Ferrari.

• 2 weeks later...

It's rumoured Brazillian F3000 driver Antonio Pizzonia may well be in contention too now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Carlgolsby

Panis to go to Toyota! :o

Heard on the radio that BAR test driver and stand-in for Alex Yooooong at Minardi is being linked to the second seat at Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links