Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise control for 1.0 engine

Seddik

Speed limiter is plug and play, nothing needs activating - stalk 84634-0D010 (base model cars may need a wire to the dash)

newer gen cars have very different ecu's, the 1KR before 2021 in any Toyota does not have CC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Speed limiter is plug and play, nothing needs activating - stalk 84634-0D010 (base model cars may need a wire to the dash)

newer gen cars have very different ecu's, the 1KR before 2021 in any Toyota does not have CC

Hi! Sadly the P/N you quoted appears to be very rare and on the one shop I found that has it, it's way more expensive than I'm prepared to spend if I'm honest :lol: . I might try buying the Aygo one I found, which, since there was only one stalk ever fitted to mk2 Aygos, appears to be P/N 84634-0H020, if it works I'll report back, and if it doesn't end up working I'll return it... Unless if you happen to know it won't work in which case I'll live without a speed limiter...
Thanks!

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

For my Yaris the stalk does not appear. I think it only appears for vehicles from 05/2015 on (mine is from 2015 but older). In that case, does the handle shown above still work? I am only interested in the speed limiter function.

it depends on your location and where the car was built

what is the build date of your car ? PM me your vin

12 hours ago, turtle15 said:

For my Yaris the stalk does not appear. I think it only appears for vehicles from 05/2015 on (mine is from 2015 but older). In that case, does the handle shown above still work? I am only interested in the speed limiter function.

The Aygo stalk that I bought for mine (which is a Yaris 1.0 from 2018) does not work. To the surprise of no one but me. :biggrin: The light on the dash doesn't even turn on and there's no limiter function. Don't buy the incorrect P/N!

yep the aygo uses 3 pins (1 and 2 - on/off, 1 and 3, +res, -set and Cancel) and the yaris uses 2 pins (1 and 3)

Linking pins 2 and 3 may work on the aygo stalk so it works with the yaris

Both stalks have the same resistance values for each button

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:16 PM, flash22 said:

yep the aygo uses 3 pins (1 and 2 - on/off, 1 and 3, +res, -set and Cancel) and the yaris uses 2 pins (1 and 3)

Linking pins 2 and 3 may work on the aygo stalk so it works with the yaris

Both stalks have the same resistance values for each button

I tried shorting pin 2 and pin 3 together (they happen to be white and black on the aygo stalk) but sadly it hasn't made a difference. Still no light on the dash, speed limiter still inoperative. :sad:
Thank you for your help still.

from the bottom of the stalk Pin 1 is on the right (black), pin 2 (white) and pin 3 (red)

join white with red on pin 3

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:16 PM, flash22 said:

from the bottom of the stalk Pin 1 is on the right (black), pin 2 (white) and pin 3 (red)

join white with red on pin 3

Sadly that hasn't done the trick either. Not sure what the problem is at this point, I wonder if perhaps my ECU isn't programmed for it, it wasn't an option in my market after all...

can you show me a pic of how you have it wired

Can you PM me your vin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

can you show me a pic of how you have it wired

Can you PM me your vin

I reverted it back to normal in the meanwhile but I'd shorted the white and red pin on the stalk connector with a piece of solder, detached the white pin from the steering wheel connector and wrapped it in electrical tape as I didn't want to cut up wires. Tested with a multimeter the white and red pins had continuity on the steering wheel connector
PM'ing you the vin
Thanks for your help once again

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look under the column at the clockspring plug and post a pic

1458217824_mk3spiralpinout(Small).thumb.png.a4f71e5eb6cce365237039057db2751d.png

you should be able to use the Aygo stalk without the need to change the wheel controls (phone buttons)

it's just a case of moving pin 2 (white) on the stalk to the ASL pin on the other 10 pin connector behind the airbag

@turtle15 can you please post a pic of the connector under the column like the one above

@mic12 i have found a possible solution by taking a closer look for turtle the yaris uses a steering wheel button for limiter and the Aygo has it on the stalk it's a case of swapping 1 pin

i will post more info if anyone replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links