Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 2007 Cluster right side no work

German76

hello , I have a toyota Auris 2007 D4D spirit, Diesel.  the right side of the cluster/speedometer is not working and I cannot see how many miles I have or when I have to do maintenance.  at the toyota they want to charge me £920 for the repair!  the car cost me £1400!  i found the cluster for £35 on eBay.  My question is... changing the cluster is plug and play or do I need to reprogram the computer to have all the information?

Sounds like my problem on yaris. And same part worth more than car. Got second hand cluster and it still didnt work . 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:23 PM, German76 said:

My question is... changing the cluster is plug and play or do I need to reprogram the computer to have all the information?

Yes, the cluster pops out pretty easy and there is just one connection.

Only difference is that the mileage is saved in the cluster, so you would need to program the new mileage in the cluster you install.

I would try replacing the cluster 1st, cheapest and easiest thing to do.

Hi, I dared to contact my local Toyota dealer! £920 to fix it 🤣 Crazy isn’t! So I did my homework! Located the serial number of the cluster that is 83800-02M22.Ask to google and click in shopping. I found it in eBay for £25 used almost new. Switch it and working right away. The log book was 91499 miles and now the new one show 95298. I believe the cluster is getting the info of the car from the computer... I really doubt that I am so lucky that new cluster have almost the same miles of the log book! 

A2788421-E58A-4514-8C1E-F3DC8B5A6901.jpeg

1613FF5A-CF78-4C23-BF16-759BC6E04A0C.jpeg

914B761B-F512-469A-822A-1CE802C9AEF3.jpeg

• Like 2

Well done ! 

91499 and 95298 miles, you are lucky indeed .

:clapping:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links