Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CarPlay upgrade for Avensis

Mariusz_T27

Does anybody know if Toyota will upgrade infotainment system of Avensis with CarPlay? 
I don’t understand that other models got this update and Avensis is still missing. 
It’s really shame of Toyota about that!

I have a more primitive audio system, yet via an adapter have all the features of a modern car - Up to date GPS with voice commands and latest mapping, MP3 music via bluetooth or memory stick, and of course hands free calls. Plus any apps other that I could choose, but don't because of distraction! 

Do you have MirrorLink? Look at this - https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Toyota-debuts-MirrorLink-in-Avensis-models-1392.php

Considering the the Avensis and Auris stopped production back in 2018 to be replaced by the Corolla and Camry, I doubt there would be any plan to have Apple Carplay and Android Auto to the older models, when the later models didn't get the features at launch for the UK. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mariusz_T27 said:

Does anybody know if Toyota will upgrade infotainment system of Avensis with CarPlay? 

No.

The Corolla and Rav4 have an updated Touch 2 multimedia unit. The Aygo (from the 2018 facelift) has a different system altogether.

13 hours ago, Mariusz_T27 said:

I don’t understand that other models got this update and Avensis is still missing. 
It’s really shame of Toyota about that!

The Avensis was discontinued in 2018, Carplay has only been introduced on new/facelift models coming to market nor have Toyota announced any intention of making car play available for older/discontinued models and I doubt they ever will 

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, Konrad C said:

I have a more primitive audio system, yet via an adapter have all the features of a modern car - Up to date GPS with voice commands and latest mapping, MP3 music via Bluetooth or memory stick, and of course hands free calls. Plus any apps other that I could choose, but don't because of distraction! 

Do you have MirrorLink? Look at this - https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Toyota-debuts-MirrorLink-in-Avensis-models-1392.php

Considering the the Avensis and Auris stopped production back in 2018 to be replaced by the Corolla and Camry, I doubt there would be any plan to have Apple Carplay and Android Auto to the older models, when the later models didn't get the features at launch for the UK. 

Hi, thx for hint. I don’t have MirrorLink. I’m afraid that it doesn’t exist in Avensis T27. How it works in your car? Did you connect it via dedicated adapter and then connected with your phone? 

11 hours ago, Mariusz_T27 said:

Hi, thx for hint. I don’t have MirrorLink. I’m afraid that it doesn’t exist in Avensis T27. How it works in your car? Did you connect it via dedicated adapter and then connected with your phone? 

My car is one of the early T27 which had the standard stereo and no 'Nav' unit, that was optional at the time. I used my phone in the holder when I want to use the satnav. The bluetooth in the early T27 (2009-11) didn't support music streaming, only voice calls. It didn't have USB either, only an AUX socket. This is why I use a Bluetooth/USB/memory card adapter plugging into the CD changer port at the rear of the unit. Here are couple of my topics:- 

In a way, I am glad because I get a better navigation with updates and choice between Google, Waze and Here maps. Also works with voice commands. 
Better than the built in systems that are always out of date, plus the updates are expensive and still out of date! Some owners are changing out the stereo (including those with nav), to third party units with Android Auto/Apple Carplay or Android based stereos. 
In a way, I am glad went the adapter route, because I get a better navigation with updates and choice between Google, Waze and Here maps. It was not expensive and does what I need. 

• Thanks 1

You are winner. My Toyota Touch 2 system   in T27 has BT connection with phone including hands free call and reading messages. I have rear camera but I don’t have Nav. 
Disadvantage is that this system doesn’t have possibility to connect any adapter to have MirrorLink option. 
Best option would be to connect some kind of adapter to car’s USB and have availability of MirrorLink option. I’m disappointing that Toyota can’t offer this software upgrade of TT2 for Avensis. 

• 2 years later...

CarSolution has (now for reasonable $$) kit for Avensis (T27) - anybody have installed it?

It is not exactly same as carplay - you can "mirror" your phone to car screen.

Smartphone/iPhone Wi-Fi Mirroring Adapter and Connection Cable Kit for Toyota Touch 2 / Entune Monitors - Car Solutions (car-solutions.com)

1 hour ago, Maaks said:

CarSolution has (now for reasonable $$) kit for Avensis (T27) - anybody have installed it?

It is not exactly same as carplay - you can "mirror" your phone to car screen.

Smartphone/iPhone Wi-Fi Mirroring Adapter and Connection Cable Kit for Toyota Touch 2 / Entune Monitors - Car Solutions (car-solutions.com)

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on that given the price and how they outright show all 2014> Avensis across the manufacturers / types being supported.  Usually there is a difference and in my experience when I email Car Solutions they quote the web page, but are unable to outright guarantee compatibility when I tell them I have a Panasonic unit with nav / 2018 but no voice control or Plus option fitted. 

They also couldn't guarantee reverse camera or steering wheel support which was a huge issue to me to live without.

I can imagine that the experience might be low resolution and not as responsive as we like...  anyone planning to give it a try? 

..should I? 

==  EDIT ===

Wait. No. this isn't CarPlay. As mentioned above, screen mirroring. No good for me. 

• 5 months later...

Saw this in internet - maybe someone have tested it on Avensis? (produces claims it work 2014-2019 Avensis) 253$

Wireless Apple Carplay Android Auto For TOYOTA Touch2 Entune2.0 Highla – carlinkitbox

EDIT: Same thing, but directly from China 200$ 🙂

carputech.com/products/for-toyota-2014-2019-apple-carplay-android-auto-module

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 9:16 PM, Maaks said:

Saw this in internet - maybe someone have tested it on Avensis? (produces claims it work 2014-2019 Avensis) 253$

Wireless Apple Carplay Android Auto For TOYOTA Touch2 Entune2.0 Highla – carlinkitbox

EDIT: Same thing, but directly from China 200$ 🙂

carputech.com/products/for-toyota-2014-2019-apple-carplay-android-auto-module

Hello, that is what  I am looking for! Have you tested it? Which one you choosed finally? Can you share us more about this? Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Christofer L said:

Hello, that is what  I am looking for! Have you tested it? Which one you choosed finally? Can you share us more about this? Thank you!

I don't know carlinkit also provide this. The carputech module is what i am using in my Range Rover now.   it's working fine. Wired or wireless. Control from the steering wheel etc works. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baxter31 said:

I don't know carlinkit also provide this. The carputech module is what i am using in my Range Rover now.   it's working fine. Wired or wireless. Control from the steering wheel etc works. 

Ok, thank you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links