Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Verso 1.6 Petrol Engine Oil Filter Housing

overthetop

Has anyone found and used an aluminium oil filter housing to replace the original plastic one?

The plastic housing is prone to being very tight when it comes to getting it off to replace the filter element.

I have found a aluminium version of the filter housing in the USA  but the Verso engine isn't listed.

I cannot image Toyota have numerous oil filter housings in their range.

i doubt it, there are many filter designs with the filter housings you need the correct filter cup, (14 flute either cast alloy or pressed steel)

iirc the 1.6 in the verso is the 1ZR-FAE

the housing is alloy - An alloy cap to alloy housing plus hot oil will give no end of problems

housing part numbers

15609-0T030

or

15609-37041

I don't agree that alloy to alloy interface is no better than plastic to alloy interface regards getting stuck when the engine oil is hot. I believe it is better.

There exists a small clearance between the plastic filter housing and the opening in alloy crankcase.

It is the job of the rubber O ring to seal off that clearance.

However, plastic expands more than alloy when they get hot. They have different values of coefficient of thermal expansion.

The plastic has the higher value. As a result, the small clearance becomes a small interference fit at raised temperatures.

By using an alloy filter housing, it would be less inclined to getting stuck compared with plastic filter housing at hot oil temperatures.

Toyota alloy oil filter housings are available in the USA, they appears not a big enough demand for them in the UK to be imported or made in the UK.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links