Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible fuel regulator problem

jamie spence

hi everyone im after some advice I have a 2006 1.3 vvti yaris but lately there seems to be an issue starting. Doesn't matter if hot or cold or if I've just stopped it and its still warm. I've check started and all OK and cranks over strong, also Battery and new alternator fitted. The issue seems to be fueling on start up like pressure regulator maybe. Sounds like the fuel system is depresurised and cranks about 12-15 times before it catches and starts. But drive like a dream once started? Any idea please would be great cheers everyone in advance

Check the fuel pressure from the pump and on the fuel rail first thing

a pressure reg will usual give a lack of performance

An injector or pump may be bleeding off pressure over time, check every connection inc the injector to fuel rail

Thanks flash22, I'll have to connect pressure gauge and see what it says dont suppose you know what pressure the fuel system should be at do you please. 

The pressure does seem to be bleeding away after shouting off engine. I can't see any leaking from the injector o rings but then again it is a14yr old car. Tha no for you help mate 👍 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links