Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is my sat nav update card unauthorized?

MikeEH

Bought my T27 Avensis last December and as I haven't been anywhere new due to covid, I haven't taken much notice of it. However recently I went on a 35 mile motorway trip and my wife suggested using the sat nav to familiarize myself with it. Seemed quite simple to use, but as I was nearing home, I noticed that a main street near my housing site was named Chameleon Street when it should have read, Mayfield Road. Could this be a sign that the sat nav has been fitted with an unauthorized update card?

Your SD card is probably genuine and most likely out date, but replacement can be obtained from non official sources! Sometimes the SD card is stolen or missing. I don't have the nav version in my car, but from what I have read elsewhere, updates are expensive. Worse still, I have read that the update is still out of date! This is why some owners use separate via the phone or satnav. Has the road ever had a name change? How many other roads have been miss named that you don't know, because the navigation cannot be trusted.

I now use Google Maps for navigation. It shows live traffic conditions, queues, diversions etc. and is usually right up to date. The Toyota navigation is rather poor IMHO..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for replies. I'll probably just borrow my wife's Tom Tom. Sounds like a better option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links