Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Axle/Jack Stand Placement

BelEnd

Hi,

These pics  from a Toyota publication show the jacking and support points.

Once under the car, you will notice the two small half moon cut outs on the underside seam, and thats where to place the support jacks

The rear central jacking point is the odd looking small stub sticking down from behind of the space wheel well, not the rear beam.

Would not recommend supporting the car fully on 4 jack stands.

000087.jpg

000088.jpg

14 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

These pics  from a Toyota publication show the jacking and support points.

Once under the car, you will notice the two small half moon cut outs on the underside seam, and thats where to place the support jacks

The rear central jacking point is the odd looking small stub sticking down from behind of the space wheel well, not the rear beam.

Would not recommend supporting the car fully on 4 jack stands.

000087.jpg

000088.jpg

Thank you.

Im using scissor jack from notches near front wheels and so I will need to find somewhere more suitable(I have read suspension area or some other solid metal part). 

Any one thats got a 2004 t sport that knws where would be the best place?? 

Thanks for the effort btw i just read that its not good to lift at the notches as they are meant for the jacking points only and not for the axle stands.

9 hours ago, BelEnd said:

i just read that its not good to lift at the notches as they are meant for the jacking points only and not for the axle stands.

Hi,

The above diagrams and text are from Toyotas Corolla 2004 Service Manual.

You can probably use lots of other support locations, best with wooden blocks to spread the load, otherwise you could damage and distort the metalwork; but not for me to recommend any point or method.

A good quality trolley jack is always a worthwhile investment, that along with a pair of jack stands seems the accepted way to support the car, or car ramps if you do not need to remove the wheels.

What exactly are you trying to access /service, 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links