Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting 3rd Gen Mudflaps

WelshGasman

Hi all,
Recently got myself a 17 plate Yaris Icon. This I believe is a 3rd Gen Yaris?

I have bought Toyota mudflaps from the dealer, but no instructions come with them.?

The front set have 3 screws and the rear 2 screws for each mudflap.

I found this video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkamhTMqlPc&t=385s but I do not have the same wheel well arch fasteners as shown in that video.?

I have one of those higher up, that would not need to be removed. The ones where the mudflaps will go, just appear to have a thin 'rubber' collar on them, though the part going through does appear to be metal, but of a larger diameter that the screws supplied.?

So has anyone fitted mudflaps to a 3rd Gen Yaris please?, and if so, then how.?

TIA

Fronts

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{F9C6AF8A-2CA4-EB9E-E95C-055024992CA4}/Yaris_Mud_flaps_Front_PZ416_B9966_00_AIM_002_222_2.pdf

Rears

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/e3a41f2f-9512-4538-b867-5f75e68dd36f/Yaris_MudFlaps_Rear_PZ416_B9967_00_AIM_003_171_2.pdf

there are 2 facelifts of the 3rd gen

2011-14 Original

2014-17 Facelift

2017-20 2nd Facelift

Edit. That's a North American sedan (saloon) in that vid not something we get in Western Europe/UK

The video you posted is for the Toyota Yaris iA - a Yaris saloon for the American market based on the Mazda 2 and built by Mazda for Toyota. Totally different to the European Yaris.

The plastic clips that are already on the car, for your new screws to go into, probably looks like these ones that fit into an Auris:-

If they do, then it is worth noting that it is very easy to over-tighten them, and strip the thread that the new self tapping screw is trying to cut. 

It is a very fine line between 'being tight' and 'you've now stripped it' with these clips. At least one of these on our car had stripped out, and had probably not been touched since manufacture.  So don't blame yourself too much if this happens - perhaps the cut-off  end of a small cable tie stuck up there might pack out an otherwise stripped clip?

Hi Bob & Mike,

Thanks for the replies.

I *think* I have sussed it.?
Fronts just screw into those connectors?. I made a msitake, only two screws for the front, but with hex heads.

Rears I will do tomorrow. Bottom connector appears to need tp be reused with the mudflap. At least it fits that hole as slightly larger than the other two.

Thank you for those links Bob, they confirm my findings.

USA - The hatch up to 2018-19 was French built (VNK VIN) and the sedan up to 2012 was jap built (JTD VIN) are both now Mexican Mazda's (3MY VIN)

15 minutes ago, Gerg said:

The plastic clips that are already on the car, for your new screws to go into, probably looks like these ones that fit into an Auris:-

If they do, then it is worth noting that it is very easy to over-tighten them, and strip the thread that the new self tapping screw is trying to cut. 

It is a very fine line between 'being tight' and 'you've now stripped it' with these clips. At least one of these on our car had stripped out, and had probably not been touched since manufacture.  So don't blame yourself too much if this happens - perhaps the cut-off  end of a small cable tie stuck up there might pack out an otherwise stripped clip?

Thank you Gerg,
Those are the very ones.👍
I manged to get the top one out easily enough and saw how it was constructed, The bottom one I could not get out, Just as well I just needed to screw into it. 😀

Charging Battery for drill as I type and will do the rears tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links