Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Motor replacement- 4age silver top

DVS FX

Hey guys, a New Zealand corolla lover here...

I brought a heavily modified fx-gt at the start of the year...on closer look its a !Removed! lemon! Red gasket seal and zipties through the engine.

I wasn't happy with the idling and tried three different places to get it onto their computers to see what was happening...detonated her soon after (2500km after buying it)

Heaps of drama later, I have a automatic 4age silvertop to put into the hole.  It was running a turboed 5afhe which I don't think was compressioned correctly to accommodate the turbo.  The car is certified for a 1600cc (I think turbo cert too)

Am I missing anything....I have a new clutch and a machined 8 bolt fly wheel (off a 4/5afe) to go with the silvertop.  Wiring and ecu from the auto will go over and then off to a computer guy to get re tuned/checked.

Do I need a blacktop ecu/wiring loom or is this just what some guys prefer to do?    

TIA

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links