Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lane Change Indicators

Zoot2

Just a personal point of view, but is it possible to have the Lane Change Indicators set to 5 flashes instead of 3. I find, especially when signalling to exit roundabouts, the 3 flashes are inadequate.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I changed it on my Gen4 Prius via Carista, didnt find a setting in my displays, but your could be different. Changed mine up to the max of 7

Hi Joe - many thanks for the info in your reply. I don’t own a Carista, but I looked at their site and was quite amazed at the customisations that it lists for the RAV4. I didn’t see any for the Lane Change Indicators but maybe they don’t list all the possible customisations.

My car is booked in at the dealers next Tuesday for its 1st service and I’ve just phoned them to see if they can change the setting. They certainly didn’t say they couldn’t but they also didn’t say they could! The request was put on the service sheet so we’ll see what happens.

I’ll keep you updated.

Should take THEM less then a minute to do it.

I would certainly hope so! Sadly I’m forever the pessimist!

If you can it is worth having a read of the full owner's manual which is accessible online and read the section 'customisable features' which details which options you can change and which have to be done by the dealer in case there are others. For the scenario you mention as well as 5 you can have 4, 6 or 7 (won't mention the default 3 and 'off' !)

These changes are straightforward, had a few done in the past - sometimes by the apprentice - and never been charged.

27 minutes ago, Peterd23 said:

If you can it is worth having a read of the full owner's manual which is accessible online and read the section 'customisable features' which details which options you can change and which have to be done by the dealer in case there are others. For the scenario you mention as well as 5 you can have 4, 6 or 7 (won't mention the default 3 and 'off' !)

These changes are straightforward, had a few done in the past - sometimes by the apprentice - and never been charged.

Just checked again the online manual from page 608 to 619 and the indicators are not mentioned. I’ll need to see what the techys say next week. On my previous car, Lexus NX, the adjustment had to be done by Lexus. Just hope it’s the same with Toyota.

Aaarrggggh, there are multiple owners manuals on the Toyota site for the current version !. We must have been looking at different versions - I went for a 2019 build and found it on page 594 under 'turn signal lever' (strange name ?) -  this was on the file OM42D12E. Then I looked at a different version - OM42C86E and I agree with you, it isn't listed in the customizable features. I suspect you searched using the VIN which naturally I didn't have the luxury of !!

Let's hope it was just missed and they can sort !

1 hour ago, Peterd23 said:

Aaarrggggh, there are multiple owners manuals on the Toyota site for the current version !. We must have been looking at different versions - I went for a 2019 build and found it on page 594 under 'turn signal lever' (strange name ?) -  this was on the file OM42D12E. Then I looked at a different version - OM42C86E and I agree with you, it isn't listed in the customizable features. I suspect you searched using the VIN which naturally I didn't have the luxury of !!

Let's hope it was just missed and they can sort !

Yep, you’re right! The online manual I have is OM42C86E. I hope it can be altered easily.

It's certainly in my manual, and was in the 2016 Prius manual of my last car.

My dealer did change one dealer-only (or 3rd party OBD App) change, which gives me the ability to open or close all windows from outside the car by holding the unlock and lock buttons on the remote respectively.

Great when approaching the car on a hot day, or getting out and finding a window is still open |(although you get a dash message for that).

Just an update guys. I’ve had to cancel my service as my area has been “upgraded” to tier 3 of this awful Coronavirus pandemic.

Once things change travel wise, I’ll post an update.

Stay safe all.

On 10/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, Zoot2 said:

Just an update guys. I’ve had to cancel my service as my area has been “upgraded” to tier 3 of this awful Coronavirus pandemic.

Once things change travel wise, I’ll post an update.

Stay safe all.

UPDATE - As COVID Tier 3 was scrapped for my are due to Lockdown being implemented from Thursday, I managed to have my 1st service done. The Lane Change setting to 5 flashes has been done. Seemingly it took a bit of time to detect where the setting could be done. It is in the “warning lights” section of dealer customisation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links