Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 Port USB

SteveB23

Hi

Can anyone recommend a 2 port USB connector that works.in the centre console USB port. Looking to keep a USB stick with music on plugged in and have the option to plug in phone for Android Auto as well from time to time without removing the stick

Thanks

I'd been considering something like this myself and did some small research. Best one I found which seemed to be good built quality and construction.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Premium-Aluminum-Rotatable-HB-R3MB-dp-B07PH2WXKT....

However I do not have AA update yet so have not ordered it to confirm compatibility I also think I read that these USB Hubs may not necessarily work.

Hi

I have one of those adaptors at the moment. I keep having issues with the USB input disconnecting when i use it so was looking for something different

Thanks

I too am mildly interested in this question. The infotainment system manual states (page 114):

• If a USB hub is plugged-in, two devices can be connected at a time.
  • Even if a USB hub is used to connect only the first two connected devices will be recognized.
  • If a USB hub that has more than two ports is connected to the USB port, devices connected to the USB hub may not charge or be inoperable, as the supply of current may be insufficient.
  • When an Apple CarPlay / Android Auto connection is established, the other USB port can be used only for device battery charger.

So the manual says 'no' ... 😞

• Like 1

HI

The manual confirms you can have two devices connected. but once you establish an Android Auto connection that takes priority. If you don't select Android Auto in the setup you can still have it plugged in and use the USB stick for music. I have had this working like this.

The issue i have had is the random disconnection of the USB input after about an hour, both when using the stick and Android Auto. Trying to eliminated the hub as an issue

Thanks

2 ports from the same output will be limited to the 500ma, without a powered hub - also an AA or AC connection will soak the usb bandwidth

The simple solution would be to get a larger sd card in your android phone for your audio

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links