Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2018 Hardwire Dashcam

Cantfindthefuse

Hi ya’ll,

I’ve got a 2018 hybrid Yaris, right hand drive,  a Dashcam and a hardwire kit so it can plug directly into the fuse box instead of the cigarette lighter.

I see a fuse box from under the hood, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to find a way to thread the wire from the inside of the car to the engine bay, or is there access to a second fuse box inside the car that I can’t find?

Googling seems to show people finding an interior fuse box through some little hatch or by removing a panel, I’ve looked and nothing was obvious so I’m afraid to tear the car up without a bit more confidence in what I’m looking for.

Any tips are appreciated!

AJ

If the later and/or hybrid models are the same as older non hybrid, there is an interior fusebox. If it's right hand drive then it should be behind the glovebox. Access is via a removable plastic panel from underneath. Three plastic clips and locators. Your driver's handbook should show where it is and how to access. Also the handbook will list which fuse is for what circuit along with a diagram on the fusebox lid.

Ignore the above if hybrids are different!

Tuck the cable into the headlining and down the passenger A Pillar - fuse box is behind the glove box if using a fuse tap use the Cig or Aux fuse

Fuse boxes are the same, the hybrid has a few extra fuses

15 hours ago, stantheman1 said:

Just make sure the circuit is only active when the ignition is on.

This where you have to be careful on newer cars some ignition lives turn off after a set period and others stay on after the ignition goes off then time out, its one of the reasons i don't like fuse taps - if i can, i go for a known circuit and tap a wire (fused of course)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links