Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Air blowing on Rav4 Windscreen

DavRavNI

Can anyone advise on possible reason for lack of air flow when heating/cooling system is set to blow on windscreen. All other heating/cooling settings seem to be fine. Heater is hot, A/C is ice cold, dash vents and side vents are blowing strong but when the system is set to Screen/feet using button to bottom right of fan or the Screen button is pressed (with A/C then coming on automatically) there is barely any airflow from the Windscreen vent. There is good flow to the footwells when the setting is on Screen/feet.

I have run the diagnostic cycle on the heating system to check for error codes as described by Anchorman on 31 May 2008.

The codes showing are 21 & 24. Any advise would be welcome.

After a bit more research and testing I think that the codes 21 & 24 are related to the Sunlight sensor on the dash. I did the first test in the dark and repeated it this morning in daylight and the code was 00-Normal. Repeated with sensor covered and 21 & 24 came up.

Here's link to original post explaining how to test heating/ventilation system if it helps anyone

Also pulled out the radio and centre vents to see if anything amiss but appears ok.

In summary i'm no closer to solving problem

• 2 years later...

Hey! 

Currently I'm facing the exact same issue, identical simptoms.

Did you ever find what's causing this issue? Would be really helpful.

Thanks, Vojtech

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links