Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car not detecting key fob

GC97

I have a Toyota Yaris T-Spirit VVTI 2006. I got home from work last night and all was good. This morning my key fob wouldn't unlock my car. The little red light lit up so it wasn't the Battery in the key fob. I changed the Battery in my key fob and the spare key fob to rule it out. The car still wouldn't unlock. I took the small key out of the key fob and by using that I was able to unlock my car. My car started without any issues and the key sign wasn't shown on the dashboard telling me it could detect my key. I got out the of the car and the key fob still will not lock my car. Any ideas what could be causing this? 

Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to the Yaris club.

You just need to program the fob for the central locking

• Driver’s door open, key removed from ignition switch
  • Within 5 seconds: Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice
  • Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver’s door twice. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch
  • Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver’s door twice. Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver’s door
  • within 40 seconds: Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a key remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes
  • Remove the key from ignition switch. The System should now lock and unlock the vehicle once,
  • Within 45 seconds. Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK button simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
  • Within 3 seconds: Press and release LOCK or UNLOCK button
  • The System should now lock and unlock the vehicle once to confirm registration, twice to indicate registration has failed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links