Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jappy Stereo Arrived...

Jimlad

jap6.jpg

ok.. there are loads of leads with it and I'm a bit lost here... lol

Ok.. I've sussed that these things are for the ariel.. radio and Jap traffic reports me thinks.

jap5.jpg

jap2.jpg

There are also these bunch of leads, which I guess are for connecting the Speakers?? I dunno. They say Front Left, Right. Rear Left, Right and Non-Fader out Left, Right.

So what does the sub connect to ? The non fader one?? If not, how do I go about connecting the sub up?

jap4.jpg

There are also these, which I guess are for connecting the ISO connector thing to??

jap3.jpg

This is for TV and AV input ( i think ), but don't know if I'll ever be able to get the right connectors. I do have the connector for TV, but work in the UK? I dunno.

jap7.jpg

Finally this thing here... havn't a clue what it is.. maybe that's the AV input thing??

Any help greatfull received!! Especially on how to connect the sub up!!

thanks

Jim

1st pic.....aerial leads, should be two different sizes?? and FM lead will only fit in one (obviously)

2nd pic......pre outs for the amps. front rear left and right are pretty much self explanitory! sub is the dedicated channel for the ..... wait for it ......... sub! so run this to whatever amp is running your woofer!

3rd pic......more than likely, look for familiar colurs like red for live etc, more than likely the power block

lor knows on the other

ok.. I'm off to have a play.. if I blow myself up erm.... well.. I won't be at JAE i guess... lol

finding info on this is hard!! I have the manual... it's all in Jap tho!!

what sort of stero is it jimlad? is it just a screen or does it do lots of other fancy bits?

Jim .. it's so unlike you .. get down to the neerest ICE shop and get them to fit it ..

no way... lol

I'm gonna fit this bugger myself.... :D ( or try to! )

lead2.jpg

Ok.. here is the connector etc I currently use with my stereo. Now this won't fit into the back of the new stereo at all.

lead1.jpg

I received this with the new stereo, seems to have the same coloured wires etc as my current connector and this one does fit the stereo.

So.... can I chop the old connector off and wire in the new connector to the corresponding wires?? Will this work ?

In theory I suppose it should, but don't want to do it all, then have no sounds on the long journey to jae.

thanks!

what sort of stero is it jimlad? is it just a screen or does it do lots of other fancy bits?

cd & MD... also supposed to play TV/DVD/SAT-NAV and have an AV input.

Question is tho if I ever manage to get any of these to work... lol. Funny jap stereos with funny leads!

This couldn`t be for cd multi changer i suppose? jap7.jpg

If you manage to get that working i think British Aerospace are looking for sparkys. :lol: :D

possibly... lol

Anyone read Japanese?? I have a 2 inch thick manual for this baby... lol

Gonna go get some bits and bobs from Halfords to wire this baby up... lol.

If it works I'll let you know... :ph34r:

I wish I knew people in Japland !

jap3.jpg

ok that green one is for TV... the other I think is AV input...

what would the harm be in me trying to splice and dice some wires there ( the AV input ) to see if I could get something connected? I mean, it can't be that bad if I connect sound to video by mistake ? Surely it just won't work.

Mmmmm.....

I'll get this sucker working.. lol. First things first, get it connected to play tunes.

Off to Halfords me goes to get some bullet connectors. Good job I done Electrical Engineering at Uni eh ?... lol

grodon bennet! :rolleyes:

leccy engineer! should be a doddle for ya man!

nah... I didn't finish the course... DOH !

lol...

off to test out my wiring skills... back in a few mins.

ok.. it's all connected up... :)

and working.. was wondering what was going on until I realised that it wouldn't power up until the aerial was in.

These are the connections on the stereo...

Front Left, Right. Rear Left, Right.

Which are pretty easy to understand as to where they connect.

My question is tho, where does the sub connect? Does it connect to Non-Fader out Left, Right ???

That's the only connection left. I have connected it there and it seems to work, although not as well as it previously did.

If not, then what should it connect to ?

the sub should be non-fading so yes just hook your sub upto the 'sub' preout leads

mmm... doesn't sound as loud as it was tho... maybe I'll have to play with my amp a little.

I'll post a proper pic of the install in about 20mins or so... gonna play with the TV part of it just now.. lol.

check for a sub control on the headunits options aswell

Should be able to adjust the gain on the amp to make it louder jim

it's actually not too bad now... the sound through the normal Speakers sounds quieter tho.. even when the stereo is at full blast.

Not to worry tho... looking to get another one soonish... :)

after all tht ur lookin at gettin another headunit?? lol

wots the details or spec on tht as i wud like a double din jobby

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links