Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Circulating Air on heater New Yaris


Recommended Posts

For some unknown reason I cannot keep the Circulating Air on the heater as when I turn on the ignition the heater reverts to taking in air from the outside 

BTW it used to work Ok any comments welcome 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • YarisOAP changed the title to Circulating Air on heater New Yaris

2 hours ago, YarisOAP said:

For some unknown reason I cannot keep the Circulating Air on the heater as when I turn on the ignition the heater reverts to taking in air from the outside 

BTW it used to work Ok any comments welcome 

Interesting, Mine does the opposite! Always reverts to recirc after being switched off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It may depends of the Air con if it’s ON or OFF,  try turning it off, set to intake air from outside and to blow towards windscreen and footwell. Set your preferred temperature 20-22C° For example and let it run for  5 min, turn off the car then after 5 min turn ON the car and check the settings are same as you left them. If there is any change  you may check if your car is in Eco driving mode, if yes switch to Normal and try the above again. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried everything no go will not stay in recirculating cabin once I turn off goes back to taking air from outside help  

Never had this problem with my 3 other Yaris

BTW will phone dealers if no good reply that’s if they answer in these Covid times 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YarisOAP said:

Tried everything no go will not stay in recirculating cabin once I turn off goes back to taking air from outside help  

Never had this problem with my 3 other Yaris

BTW will phone dealers if no good reply that’s if they answer in these Covid times 

Have you look at car menu settings on the screen, there might be some preferences that can be changed from there and the car does it as it’s set, someone may accidentally changed these . Just another idea , it’s all strange. Good luck and please share what happens after dealer call.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It depends on ambient conditions, particularly humidity.

Some days, as soon as I switch off the car, it opens to fresh mode. Other days, not.

If the car is parked for several days, it will also open.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

It depends on ambient conditions, particularly humidity.

Some days, as soon as I switch off the car, it opens to fresh mode. Other days, not.

If the car is parked for several days, it will also open.

Make sense but this option should have manual override as some people may prefer to keep in one set and not changing over circulation or outside air. Maybe it’s in the car manual book., if no option might be annoying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...