Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Job Delema

System~G

Damn I hate this!

A few days ago I found out my application for what seems like a pretty good job came through successful :D B) Details HERE

But 1/2 an hour ago one of the senior Group Director's of my old company (one of the worlds largest touring sound companies) phoned me up saying that he heard I was leaving my current job and would I be interested in re-joining them...

I had my problems with the company and personal commitments last year which is why I left them. But apparently they have re-structured and the role they are offering me is purely managerial...

I have aranged a meeting with them on Friday late morning to discuss things further. But I just don't know what to do... :unsure: Do I go un-chartered territory with the new job? Or do I go back to something I am very familiar with?

tricky one.

Whats the money situ?? :P

Will ur'e problems with the old company still be there when u go back?

Write a pro and con list and see which comes out favourite! :D

Depends mate!

Do you want a new challenge or something you know very well?

It's 50/50 really.

Would this other guy hold the position open for you for a month or so, so you could see what the other job is like?

Gotta weigh up the pros and cons mate ;)

Suppose you take the new job and don't like it, grass is greener on the other side and all that, how hard would it be to get back into your current line of business?. Some might say better the devil you know aswell ;)

Either way I don't envy the position you're in :unsure:

No help to you whatsoever then :rolleyes:

If you like the job your already doing then stay, if you fancy a change then go for the new job, it's quite simple, especially since you have already gone through the process of trying to get the new job.

I fancy a new job, i've been sorting parcels for UPS for £8 an hour for the last year and am getting ready for a change so if the opportunity came for me I would change.

Im in the same situation at the moment, work for the council IT dept in Bucks. Got offered a 2nd line support role in my home town of Reading - 5mins walk from my house.

Only about a grand extra in pay but still not sure cuz its a nice place where i work in bucks :unsure:

The pro's and cons of both jobs are balanced even... :wacko: lol

I know one thing for certain and that's I'm not staying where I'm at at the moment.

I'll have my meeting with my old bosses on Fri and see what they are offering... They have to beat what I am currently on and also the other offer - quite simple :arrgg-matey: lol

work for the council IT dept in Bucks. Got offered a 2nd line support role in my home town of Reading - 5mins walk from my house.

Leeky - U should go for it - think of all the fuel you'd be saving :D :D

Rash.

work for the council IT dept in Bucks. Got offered a 2nd line support role in my home town of Reading - 5mins walk from my house.

Leeky - U should go for it - think of all the fuel you'd be saving :D :D

Rash.

Thanks dude but i already turned it down. More money than my current job also but its the fact that i've got very good friends at my present job and the people at this place in Reading just didnt look like the kinda folks i would get along with.

Doesnt cost me anything to drive to work at the moment anyway as i got a company car which i dont even have to pay tax for because of a loophole :D

Well if you go back to the previous job then at least you'll have a bit of knowledge under your belt and should get back into the feel of it pretty quickly which might be a bonus, but would the probs you had last year rear up again?

but would the probs you had last year rear up again?

That's my main worry with it.

I was never given complete control over my departments which led to conflicts of interest with my boss. We never saw eye to eye after I got a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing (for something I didn't do) in front of about 20 people :angry: And then I quit after I got the blame for something else that wasn't my fault and got another <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing for it but this time in front of about 20 000 people at the Leeds festival last year. I definately do not want his mood swings and temprament for the same money I was on. They are going to have to pay me a whole load of dosh to put up with the T :censor: T

I found out that it took three people to replace me and none of them (even working together) can get the job done :D

I know the position should pay around £32k but they were only prepared to go as far as £16.5k + overtime last year :( Another reason for leaving.

I know little about the new job or the people working there... but the prospects do look good B) lots of incentives, commisions & bonuses. No long hours and weekend to myself :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links