Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross horn

coloquil

Hi everyone,does anyone know the colour of the wiring from the feeble horn on my Yaris cross please,I need to put an single airhorn on by getting to the wiring as it comes to the engine compartment? 

Keith

Moved to the Yaris forum.

8 minutes ago, coloquil said:

my Yaris cross please

Please update your profile to include the Yaris Cross.

You'll need to fit a relay for the compressor of the airhorn, as I suspect the wiring and fuse won't be up to dealing with the initial current surge. I don't know if there's any sort of BUS system that could also cause problems.

I found a particularly loud horn that I fitted to my ten-year-old Yaris that hasn't caused any problems, so far!

Hi Bob thank you for your reply,I had the air horn fitted to my Yaris before this one by simply using the horn connecter and increasing the fuse size but the new Yaris horn is pretty impossible to get to so it is more complicated to use the relay has then I will have to drill to get the wiring into the car and then a switch inside.

Keith

The horn is a simple circuit 1 live wire from the relay, and it uses the body as ground, the relay is in the main fuse box under the bonnet

• Like 1

I agree bob  just getting the switch wire in the car is going to be difficult? 

Keith

Hi everyone,does anyone know the colour of the wiring from thefeeble horn on my Yaris cross please,I need to put an single airhorn on by getting to the wiring as it comes to the engine compartment? 

Keith

If I remember correctly (Anchorman) did this and showed pictures of where he fitted the airhorns someone may be able to point the way.

• Like 1

I can’t really tell but all the factory wiring diagrams are available to view for €4 an hour on Toyota Techdoc.  I think the relay that’s fitted will be good enough for your air horn.   It’s one of the easiest bumpers to get off but I recommend warming the bumper under the headlights before detaching them.  

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4727.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

• Like 1

Not that I use it much but I quite like the sound of the cross horn, it reminds me of John Inman, “ I’m free” ….

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

While I'm not entirely sure about the wiring color for the horn on your Yaris Cross, I can totally understand the desire to upgrade to a single airhorn like the Dewalt horn. It could definitely add some oomph to your setup! You might want to consider consulting your vehicle's manual or reaching out to a mechanic for specific wiring details. 

12 hours ago, tedgillispie said:

While I'm not entirely sure about the wiring color for the horn on your Yaris Cross, I can totally understand the desire to upgrade to a single airhorn like the Dewalt horn. It could definitely add some oomph to your setup! You might want to consider consulting your vehicle's manual or reaching out to a mechanic for specific wiring details. 

To whom do you speak?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links