Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86 Gearbox

lsd addicted

the gearbox is whinin in 3rd and 4th wen u let off the right foot.it gos up and down the gears no problem.just reverse is hard found the odd time,was told this was quite common.

but on the rest is this a sign of the bearings going?

does anyone have any ideas and wat it is and the best solution i.e. recondition or get a 2nd hand one

any help plz

Yeah sonuds that way but if bearings have gone it should make the noise in every gear!

Only way to diagnose it will to be remove the g/box and strip it!

Thats what i would do anyway! If your confident on the spanners ave a go yourself! Its a simple g/box to strip, you'll just need access to a press if your gonna strip the shafts down!

ya its in every gear but worst in 3rd and 4th.wood u get the bearings from a toyota dealer?is it hrad done and bout how long wood it take?

no problem to take it apart the friends dad has a massive engineerin work shop.

Well as i work for Toyota i would get genuine bearings, but the cheaper way to do it would be to find out which bearing/'s are damaged remove them and then i should imagine your dads mate(being an engineer) would have contacts for a bearing supplier!

I would give it a complete day to strip and rebuild the g/box, but then again ive had alot of experience on Toyota g/boxes, so be generous and give it a complete w/end.

I dont no anyone who does recon g/boxes for a AE86 but fensport do sell 2nd hand g/boxes!(if any in stock) But then again u might encounter the same problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links