Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Hilux 2021 Problems

Hi

I've purchase a new Hilux 2021 Invinvible X in the UK, 5 weeks Old, 1500 miles into ownership had a 'check engine  visit your dealer' followed by a 'Pre-Collision System failure' visit your dealer warning in the display.

Dealer diagnose a faulty NOx sensor, parts are on back order, so kindly to get me back on the road, swapped the sensor from another Hilux in their stock!!  the faulty sensor also caused the Collision fault.

To my shock i was also informed of a crack in the windscreen, with no evidence of impact damage from external objects, fortunately warranty accepted the claim from the main dealer, as it could possibly be caused through jacking up the vehicle ? gosh imagine the twisting that could happen off road !!

Again windscreens are on back order from Belgium so my replacement is being sourced from South Africa.

I must say i'm shocked at the limited availability of parts for the new model, along with no availability of a courtesy car- shame on you Toyota.

Has anyone else had issues with the new Hilux ?

I do feel sorry for your first world problems but you do read the news don’t you?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, tompointer said:

Hi

I've purchase a new Hilux 2021 Invinvible X in the UK, 5 weeks Old, 1500 miles into ownership had a 'check engine  visit your dealer' followed by a 'Pre-Collision System failure' visit your dealer warning in the display.

Dealer diagnose a faulty NOx sensor, parts are on back order, so kindly to get me back on the road, swapped the sensor from another Hilux in their stock!!  the faulty sensor also caused the Collision fault.

To my shock i was also informed of a crack in the windscreen, with no evidence of impact damage from external objects, fortunately warranty accepted the claim from the main dealer, as it could possibly be caused through jacking up the vehicle ? gosh imagine the twisting that could happen off road !!

Again windscreens are on back order from Belgium so my replacement is being sourced from South Africa.

I must say i'm shocked at the limited availability of parts for the new model, along with no availability of a courtesy car- shame on you Toyota.

Has anyone else had issues with the new Hilux ?

Hi Tom

i have a 2021 invincible x new in jan on  my 2nd windscreen which is also cracked straight in the middle. 

Hi Dave

So far it has been good since, the original crack roughly 2ft long was in the central part of the screen below the wipers, running parallel to them.

Upon collection the dealer said another 2 new hilux's had been in with cracked screens !

Not looking great. Hilux on back order now till January, tells me there’s an obvious issue. I’m guessing chassis flex is the cause as it pushes the screen out from the crack which starts in the bottom centre of screen.