Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Multimedia for Toyota Avensis 2012


Recommended Posts

I am looking to replace the car's  original multimedia  device with an aftermarket device such as this one: 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000925390945.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.22062e0ePxfUA5
I have looked a several devices. They all come with a "plug and play" harness to connect the device to the car's cables. 
The harness connectors look like this 

6tr3hoa.png

The marked female sockets accepts 20 pins plug, but the car does not have a 20 pins cable: 
f253Sy0.jpg

Also the usb cable (marked #6 in the image) does not fit the harness nor the device. 
What am I missing ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

One more comment: 
The marked 20 pins connector does not have a matching cable in the car
AND
the car cable marked as #3 (16 pins) does not have a matching connector in the harness. 
  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't waste your money on rubbish from aliexpress stick with the name brands

1st pic is harness for a later car / different model

to use the factory usb you will need an adapter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flash22 said:

1st pic is harness for a later car / different model

to use the factory usb you will need an adapter

Thank you flash22.
I will get an adapter for the usb. 

According to the feedback I read the harness should fit the model. I just do not understand how. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Aliexpress android headunit in E12 Corolla. Sound quality was pretty poor. 2GB ram memory isn't enough. I had 4GB and it was still pretty slow. Now i have T27 Avensis and i upgraded my headunit to original touch&go headunit (59005) and it cost about same than Aliexpress headunit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JiiN said:

I had Aliexpress android headunit in E12 Corolla. Sound quality was pretty poor. 2GB ram memory isn't enough. I had 4GB and it was still pretty slow. Now i have T27 Avensis and i upgraded my headunit to original touch&go headunit (59005) and it cost about same than Aliexpress headunit.

Thanks for the tips  JiiN. Where did you get such a low cost Touch and Go device from ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered it from https://rrr.lt/en . Second hand headunit from a wrecked car but it was like new! I picked headunit with connectors in it, so the soldering and installation was really simple. They answered almost immediately to my questions and everything worked like a charm. I was lucky and found also gps antenna from same company where my headunit came from. It didn't took even a week to get package here in Finland. Here is more about upgrading a headunit: 

I have now this: https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/rag52640-8614005010-toyota-avensis-t270-radio-cd-dvd-gps-head-unit in my car.

Oh, and my T27 is 2010 if it matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, JiiN said:

I have now this: https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/rag52640-8614005010-toyota-avensis-t270-radio-cd-dvd-gps-head-unit in my car.

Oh, and my T27 is 2010 if it matters.

Thanks. That is very useful information. I have the same device om my T27 2012. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership