Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


USB/AUX port not working


Recommended Posts

I have recently bought a toyota auris 2014 hybrid car which is my first car. The problem I have is that the USB/AUX port does not work, it does not give any power. I have tried to replace the USB port with item number: 86190-0D030. That did not help, so the problem is not related to the USB port but wiring or somewhere else. Currently the USB is greyed out when a USB stick is plugged inn. 

I have tried to search about this issue and it seems like this is a normal problem on Toyota auris. Do anyone how this can be fixed? Any help is much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, furtula said:

You checked the connections on the headunit side? 

I have not checked the headunit. Found this youtube video on how to open the navigation to see the connection. I believe the USB/AUX port does not have it's on fuse in the fusebox but is connected to the navigation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, flash22 said:

What radio do you have ??

I have Touch&Go+, I belive its version 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go into the hidden menu (hold setup and turn the lights on and off 3 time) press the INIT button on the bottom left - this will do a factory reset

Just a thought someone may have had the radio out at some point and plugged the usb back into the wrong socket - the square grey plug needs to be plugged into the nav module not the radio (DA)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Go into the hidden menu (hold setup and turn the lights on and off 3 time) press the INIT button on the bottom left - this will do a factory reset

Just a thought someone may have had the radio out at some point and plugged the usb back into the wrong socket - the square grey plug needs to be plugged into the nav module not the radio (DA)

Thanks will try it. Which lights do you turn off and on? Could you please specify.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The headlights, turn to the off position if set to auto - turn the sidelights on and off 3 times while holding the Setup button on the radio

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need to take the headunit out.  Take the glovebox out, that will allow you to see under the dash, and check the connections.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, flash22 said:

The headlights, turn to the off position if set to auto - turn the sidelights on and off 3 times while holding the Setup button on the radio

I tried it to reset it, first it showed that the DA is NEG, after pressing INIT, Memory CLR and Recheck. After that DA is OK. On the right I see AUX but I am not sure what that means. I do not see USB there. However after doing this the USB still does not wor k it is gryed out as you can see in the picture. 

One thing to mention which I noticed is that when I start the car with a USB stick plugged inn the USB stick lights for just a few seconds. So there is electricity there but just for a few seconds. I have checked the connections but did not see any loose connections.

 

18 hours ago, furtula said:

You don't need to take the headunit out.  Take the glovebox out, that will allow you to see under the dash, and check the connections.

Yes, checked that and did not see any loose connections.

IMG_0732.HEIC IMG_0733.HEIC IMG_0745.HEIC IMG_0734.HEIC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to try

Go into Setup - General - tap Navigation prompt volume

1938845471_TT1gomenu.thumb.jpg.c83474ac9c53ccc9267a4c60911e0fcd.jpg

Tap General - (scroll down) - Reset Navigation Box

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also check the usb is connected with something plugged into the usb.............................

Hold the Car Button - Turn the headlights On/Off 3 times - Function check - EXT BOX - Diagnostics

I assume you have tried multiple USB items plugged directly into that port

 

20 hours ago, furtula said:

You don't need to take the headunit out.  Take the glovebox out, that will allow you to see under the dash, and check the connections.

The usb plug is on the left-hand rear of DA/NAV if it's a LHD car you will not see it

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flash22 said:

You can also check the usb is connected with something plugged into the usb.............................

Hold the Car Button - Turn the headlights On/Off 3 times - Function check - EXT BOX - Diagnostics

I assume you have tried multiple USB items plugged directly into that port

 

The usb plug is on the left-hand rear of DA/NAV if it's a LHD car you will not see it

Hi @flash22, just wanna say that I appriciate that you are helping me out here. I have tried multiple USBs (NFS and FAT32 formatted). I work with IT so I know what I am up to. When I did what you described here it said as you can see in the attached picture USB is not connected even though a USB is connected. IMG_0750.HEIC

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Another thing to try

Go into Setup - General - tap Navigation prompt volume

1938845471_TT1gomenu.thumb.jpg.c83474ac9c53ccc9267a4c60911e0fcd.jpg

Tap General - (scroll down) - Reset Navigation Box

This was a tricky to figure out, it is a really hidden menu, how do you know about it? However I managed to find out of it. However I did not find the excact match "Reset Navigation box", I did find "Reset Nav Calibration only" and "Reset extention box". I tried to press on the first one, but not sure which was correct to press on. Could you help me out here? (See attached pictures)

IMG_0752.HEIC

IMG_0751.HEIC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry my mind was elsewhere, that's what you get watching a hash decrypt (via a vnc) while installing a software update and posting on the forum

 

"Reset extension box" is the one

 

Ah IT, first rule does it work  - if not - Rule 2. Is it plugged in - pull the stereo, unplug and plug it back in - as above make sure the USB is plugged into the NAV and Not the DA

 

It's hard to judge peoples skill set on a forum, so i didn't want to get too technical - I started out in electronic repair with car audio as a hobby then I went into IT - MCP Win 95 and NT (lapsed a long time ago), Comptia A+ and N+, Tbh I'm hands-on hardware and networking rather than a Sysadmin and coding gives me headaches

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sorry my mind was elsewhere, that's what you get watching a hash decrypt (via a vnc) while installing a software update and posting on the forum

 

"Reset extension box" is the one

 

Ah IT, first rule does it work  - if not - Rule 2. Is it plugged in - pull the stereo, unplug and plug it back in - as above make sure the USB is plugged into the NAV and Not the DA

 

It's hard to judge peoples skill set on a forum, so i didn't want to get too technical - I started out in electronic repair with car audio as a hobby then I went into IT - MCP Win 95 and NT (lapsed a long time ago), Comptia A+ and N+, Tbh I'm hands-on hardware and networking rather than a Sysadmin and coding gives me headaches

 

 

I see. Tried to do the "Reset extention box" but that did not help. The USB is still not being det detected. After doing the reset I noticed that that the navigation is showing wrong current location. It is showing me a location 6km away. How can I fix that? Do I have to drive the car a bit for the satelite to be able to pick and fix the location? (see attached picture).

When you say to plug the USB into the NAV do you mean that I have to take out the navigation and plug it in behind? Currently I have it plugged into the USB/AUX port as you can see in the attached picture.

Are there any more hopes on this? Or do I have to take my car to Toyota and pay a huge bill to get it fixed. The problem is that I do not know if its a problem with the cable, navigation or something else. Maybe using OBD scanner can tell the problem?

That sounds cool, so you have been working with software within IT a bit. I work more as a DevOps Engineer and managing  a on-premise Kubernetes plattform for developers with the eco-system around it. It's pretty cool.

Do you have any more suggestion on this issue? I have read some post related to this issue on this forum but not found out how they fixed it. However I really appriciate your time and effort.

IMG_0755.HEIC

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes you have to drive it  for it to recalibrate

 

The cable that goes from usb port to the Nav module  (grey square plug)- unplug it and plug it back it the Nav

340903148_touchusb.thumb.jpg.5df49387727ad808f73f98859e2a3a70.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, flash22 said:

yes you have to drive it  for it to recalibrate

 

The cable that goes from usb port to the Nav module  (grey square plug)- unplug it and plug it back it the Nav

340903148_touchusb.thumb.jpg.5df49387727ad808f73f98859e2a3a70.jpg

Hi, sorry I have not been able to come back to you. I am not sure if I want to take out the navigation again, it was a headache last time. I am considering to contact Toyota to let them take a look if you do not have any more advise which does not require me to take out or disassemble anything. I do not want to break anything, since there are a lot of cables back there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bilal92 said:

Hi, sorry I have not been able to come back to you. I am not sure if I want to take out the navigation again, it was a headache last time. I am considering to contact Toyota to let them take a look if you do not have any more advise which does not require me to take out or disassemble anything. I do not want to break anything, since there are a lot of cables back there. 

That will be quite expensive, they are not cheap. You would be better off getting a fm tuner that can read cards/usb, they come with bluetooth now, quality is rather nice, and you also have hands free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As i mentioned before, if you take the glovebox out, you get good access to the back of the unit, so you can plug and unplug cables as needed. No need to take the unit out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, furtula said:

That will be quite expensive, they are not cheap. You would be better off getting a fm tuner that can read cards/usb, they come with Bluetooth now, quality is rather nice, and you also have hands free.

That might work. However I actually just need the USB to work to update the navigation. Is that possible with the bluetooth reader also (I believe it expects it through the USB)? I am not able to find any online, if you could link. That would be great. Thanks.

12 hours ago, furtula said:

As i mentioned before, if you take the glovebox out, you get good access to the back of the unit, so you can plug and unplug cables as needed. No need to take the unit out.

I will give it a try, and let you know. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bilal92 said:

That might work. However I actually just need the USB to work to update the navigation. Is that possible with the bluetooth reader also (I believe it expects it through the USB)? I am not able to find any online, if you could link. That would be great. Thanks.

Nope, not possible to update navigation, i thought you wanted it for music. What i mentioned is just a basic fm transmitter, that your car picks up via fm radio waves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, furtula said:

Nope, not possible to update navigation, i thought you wanted it for music. What i mentioned is just a basic fm transmitter, that your car picks up via fm radio waves.

Hi, I am back with a huge update. I contacted Toyota to let them take a look at why the USB does not work. They take a small fee just to troubleshoot and let you know how much it will cost to fix. It took them two days to find out that USB connection was not correct, it was not connected to the extension box if I remember correct. So they fixed the problem during the troubleshoot. In addition, I asked them if they could check if the car had been to service regarding the navigation earlier and it had. So they found out that the reason why USB has been not working is because of their fault. So they dismissed the fee.  🙂

Current status is that the USB is working fine. I am now planning to upgrade the navigation to latest version. I am currently running version 2.9.4H, do anyone know what the latest version is? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership