Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

run a amp power cable from battery threw fire wall

2009joe

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

thanks so much i see your wiring diagram there thanks so much it shows the 2 grommet i can see one in the right and well thats a tight one to get any wire threw .plus to be on the safe side iu went for a 8guage wire for the amp.i see the other grommet on the right hand side the drivers side to me and it seems to be my option but as i see in the diagram the wires come out and bend to the right going to the passengers side i tried to look under the bonnet to see where the wires were coming out im half thinking they might be going into the drivers side wheel arch and maybe through another grommet im not sure but i will try see if can run it threw there. plus i wan playing the amp today and i notice it runs hot maybe thats the way it should but its a bit warm for  my liking im paranoid incase it will catch fire 😕 thanks so much for the diagram i will look see if i can see another option. i was half thinking of drilling a small hole threw the fire wall but there is no room to get in a drill 

Did You install one speaker to one channel and amplifier input select is at 4CH? I googled specs and it looks like that amplifier has overheating protection. How did You test it if You don't have done wiring yet? And does it gets hot if Speakers isn't connected and You "play" music? You could also try to set audio settings to position 0 and see does it get amplifier hot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 11:09 PM, JiiN said:

Did You install one speaker to one channel and amplifier input select is at 4CH? I googled specs and it looks like that amplifier has overheating protection. How did You test it if You don't have done wiring yet? And does it gets hot if speakers isn't connected and You "play" music? You could also try to set audio settings to position 0 and see does it get amplifier hot.

hi there JiiN thanks for getting back. no couldnt bench test it so just bought the right plugs and made it up right checked if all the wires were good then connected them up plugged to the car. but i found out with my stock 2014 headunit if did not have a amp turn on 12v so i had to wire in a switch which is a pain. i have notioced the amp get hot but maybe thats the way it dose .sound is good from the amp and i have not turned it up flat out yet. i have bought one of those 

High to Low Level RCA Line Output Converter inc auto Remote Turn On New Model 21

from eBay so im hoping this will do away with me having to switch the amp on and off. one thing i noticed with the amp is when i turn off power and keys off after a few seconds i get this anoying Speakers pop is kinda anoying im not sure if there is any way of getting away with that speaker pop after turning off power and after a few seconds the amp itself powers off with that speaker pop noise .i hope this high low converter works as i notice if i dont switch a inline switch that i put in to switch the amp on.i notice if i still have my switch at the amp off position i notive that my headunit dont show any speaker level numbers on the screen.ist only when i seitch the amp on i get the numbers to come on the screen headunit 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links