Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Screeching noise when pulling away 2021 Touring Sport

Ickleme79

Another confirmation that's the AVAS sound - Sortof a cross between a spooky UFO and a brake pad backing plate grinding against a brake disc :laugh: The worst thing is unlike older models which had it, they took out the button that let you disable it in newer models! :crybaby:

I sometimes try to deliberately make the ICE run when coming home late as the ICE is quieter and less obnoxious than the AVAS!

I do wish you could customize the sound - I'd have just made it the same as the engine sound, or amplified sound of the electric motor. Why make such a weird noise? It just confuses people, making them wonder what it is, and they still ignore it anyway! It's just training people to ignore weird noises!

IMHO all these alert sounds are pointless and are just making excessive noise pollution - You should hear what it's like in London now; It's like all these alert sounds are competing to be heard! All you hear is "CAU-CAU-TION-TION VEHI-VEHI-CLE-CLE TURN-TURN-ING-LEF-ING-LEFT-T" everywhere because someone thought it would be a *great* idea to mandate that all lorries and HGVs in London must announce what they are doing when their signals are activated, for the safety of pedestrians, who *still* ignore them anyway! It's particularly obnoxious when you get a bunch of them all turning in different directions at roundabouts... god only knows what it sounds like with that and all these new EV/hybrids blaring out their AVAS!

At this rate all pedestrians will either become deaf or start wearing noise-cancelling headphones because there is so much noise! :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links