Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


about warranty Toyota auris 2018


Recommended Posts


So what advice do you need????

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shahid ayub said:

i need advise about warranty of Toyota auris 2018 please 

Your question is a bit vague. However in GB Toyota has a 5 year warranty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Your question is a bit vague. However in GB Toyota has a 5 year warranty.

i bought from local garage and its company car and they saying we kept car in garage nearly 8/9 months because of coronavirus the car 1st registration on 21/06/18 and millage on clock is 52000 and the local garage told us its still under 3 years warranty from Toyota, but when i contact to Toyota people they said this car has no warranty because this car never done any services from us so they don,t cover any warranty at all so that is why i,m asking any advise please 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shahid ayub said:

i bought from local garage and its company car and they saying we kept car in garage nearly 8/9 months because of coronavirus the car 1st registration on 21/06/18 and millage on clock is 52000 and the local garage told us its still under 3 years warranty from Toyota, but when i contact to Toyota people they said this car has no warranty because this car never done any services from us so they don,t cover any warranty at all so that is why i,m asking any advise please 

Ok, so do a history check on the car service record. Others posters more knowledgeable than I will chime in and tell you how to do this. Toyota warranty may depend on servicing being carried out by any Toyota dealerships anywhere in Europe. The car should have been serviced every 12 months or every 10,000 miles whichever comes first. Frosty has great knowledge on this stuff, that’s why he was looking for more details.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Ok, so do a history check on the car service record. Others posters more knowledgeable than I will chime in and tell you how to do this. Toyota warranty may depend on servicing being carried out by any Toyota dealerships anywhere in Europe. The car should have been serviced every 12 months or every 10,000 miles whichever comes first. Frosty has great knowledge on this stuff, that’s why he was looking for more details.

all on his history letter say the company did from halford autocenter

Link to post
Share on other sites

New cars sold in the UK by Toyota GB have had  a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty since July 2010. The warranty covers manufacturing faults.

Servicing on Toyotas is due every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So your car should have been serviced on the mileage basis every 10,000 miles and should by now have had five services.

Toyota keeps a digital service record for cars serviced within the Toyota dealer network and, by the sound of things, Toyota have no service records of the car being serviced within the Toyota dealer network 

Under legislation called Block Exemption, servicing can be undertaken by a VAT-registered garage outside the Toyota dealer network, and still have the warranty maintained, provided service intervals are adhered to and equivalent standard parts are used. DIY servicing doesn't count.

If it has been serviced outside the dealer network, it would be down to you, as the current owner, to prove that it has been serviced according to the manufacturer's requirements in order to make a warranty claim. Proof would include a fully stamped warranty and service book, and invoices, service sheets, etc to show when, how and by whom the services were carried out. Without this the warranty would be invalid for any warranty claim which is dependent on the correct servicing having been done. This would be the case with any manufacturer.

Unless you have this documentation any Toyota dealer will consider the warranty invalid. From your last  reply, the service history seems to be just some form of letter (no invoices or service sheets, etc), and Toyota would be unable to determine whether your car has been serviced correctly - eg. at the correct intervals or using equivalent standard parts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The car has to be serviced to Toyota standards using Toyota parts by a vat register company, you have to prove that it was - iirc company/fleet cars have different a warranty

 

That is possibly why the dealer sent the car to auction, and it was being sold by a used car dealer and not a main stealer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically the car has no Toyota warranty at all since been not serviced in their own network plus there are no enough proof that the service was carried out to the manufacturer specs, although purchased car from a dealer comes with some sort of warranty cover by the dealer who sells the car, therefore down to the new owner to make a good deal with the seller and get some sort of physical proof how much and what exactly is covered, plus if the car is in good condition at reasonable price, can be a good buy. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a bargaining point to reduce the price of the car if in a good condition and if you have not allready bought it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

my advice is walk away you will find another car with a warranty,

toyota will wriggle & wriggle if there is any missing evidence

to back up the servicing history so they wont have to pay out,

your bargain car wont be the bargain you thought it was if you have 

to pay for any repairs yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership