Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'10 Yaris Bought Used 2 Days Ago- Doorlight Stays On When I Turn it Off

kz98

I bought a used 2010 Yaris just two days ago, and while testing it out it worked fine, and I drove it home fine. Went out in it later and noticed after turning the car off the door lights turned on when I opened the door. I ended up having to jumpstart it the next morning and I'm gonna replace the Battery because it's totally rusted tomorrow.

But I don't understand the door light issue, could that be because of the Battery? Or is it some other issue. It seems like the car is not turning off all the way, while it did when I was at the dealer and drove home the first time.

Take it back to the dealer and demand that it gets sorted or get a refund.

10 minutes ago, Sooty said:

Take it back to the dealer and demand that it gets sorted or get a refund.

Zain lists as “other non-uk” so the laws whereever Zain is maybe different to UK.                    
Zain, my door lights turn on when I open the door, they do that to give you some light on a dark night so you can see better to insert the key etc.             
Or do you mean the light is staying on all the time, even when you locked up, as you did say the Battery drained.                
On my car I can turn the lights so they on all the time, or come on when door opens, or turn them off.  During the summer, when it stays lighter longer and I don’t travel much at night anyway, I have the interior lights turned off all the time. I also turn the load area light off as well for the same reason. Helps if you have a dodgy Battery.

The OP is in the US. Usually by the interior light, there is a switch which either turns the light on, turns it off, or allows the light to come on when the door is opened. Have you checked to see which position the switch is in??

Screenshot (50).png

Mike could well be correct. Can't imagine they have changed it much. This is for a 2014 Yaris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links