Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Granvia ATF

MJSELF88

Hi folks,

We've had our Granvia for a couple of months now. It's a 1997 3.0 D model with automatic transmission.

It's got over 100k miles and recently has developed a habit of struggling to shift up or down gears once it's been in use for a while. There are no leaks or damage to other components, so we are lead to believe that the transmission fluid hasn't been changed. Upon further reading, it's not entirely clear what kind of ATF we should be using to complete the replacement.

I'm hoping someone on these forums has had to replace the ATF for a similar model and if so what did you use?

Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest that it's the Toyota Type IV(Type four)..ATF (JWS3309)...readily available....but check the ATF level..it might be low.

At 100k miles it might be worth a change anyway.

RUToyota, thanks for the answer. I did think it might be that but I've found it hard to find specific documents/information from official sources so didn't want to take an unecessary risk by putting in the wrong stuff.

I'll be changing the fluid completely rather than just a top up just FYI.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links