Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

On 6/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, GSM11 said:

Ordered my Yaris Excel in Feb will a delivery date of 1st September. App update on Tuesday it had gone into build and today it’s left the factory. Not sure what transport times from France to the UK are but I am hoping for maybe delivery next month?

Just checked on the Toyota website using the developer tool bit and estimated delivery to the dealer is 14th July, not bad considering it was meant to be September.

• Like 2

Dealer has said my excel trim with tech package will be delivered around March to April I ordered in jan

16 hours ago, Jsizzy said:

Dealer has said my excel trim with tech package will be delivered around March to April I ordered in jan

Next year? 14-15 months lead time?

Can someone check out when my Yaris Hybrid is due for delivery 

KYO366 thanks

If numbers are in alfa numerical sequence some time yet.  Mine is KS4....  and dealer said August.   I think it does not appear on the plot until much nearer the time. 

9 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Next year? 14-15 months lead time?

Yeppp

7 hours ago, Jsizzy said:

Yeppp

Omg. This is definitely due to global shortage supply of the tech. Hopefully this will become a shorter timeframe when things improve. 

If I was to get the Yaris then I have to get the tech pack. The Mazda 2 hybrid currently are still taking orders with the HUD, though it's on 16" wheels. I understand with the 16" the tyre width is 195mm, I want the tyre at 205mm, which comes with 17". 

Done 1k miles round trip to North Wales last month on my MK3 with 185mm tyres, definitely could do with the MK4 on 205mm, more power and stiffer chassis! 

• Like 1

Just checked with my dealer and my Yaris Hybrid Excel Silver is showing delivery December 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad I got mine when I did; The loss of the HUD would have been a deal-breaker for me!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I'm glad I got mine when I did; The loss of the HUD would have been a deal-breaker for me!!

Yes I love the HUD on mine..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I am losing the HUD as I am trading in a CX30, I couldn’t justify the extra £800 or longer delivery time think they said it would have been December or later. Can understand why you like having it but for me most of my driving is pootling around town, hope I don’t regret it.  Main aim of getting a Yaris was better fuel economy and less on monthly payments.

I'm a bit of a niche case - Want a small car but also long range; The HUD is just more of my weird needs!

In my case it's because I've gotten too used to the fairly unique dashboard layout of the Mk1 and Mk2 Yarisesieueis, and I just can't use a normal dash now.

They were far more sensible and usable than conventional dashboards IMHO - High and in the middle, so not obscured by the steering wheel, and collimated 5-10m ahead of the car so you didn't have to re-focus your eyes to read the speedo, which was also in big easy to see digits.

After getting so used to that, I found normal dashes just give me a headache and eyestrain from the constant focus-changing, and I can't see my speed at a glance like I can with those dashes as I'm not used to trying to pick out the tiny thin needle. vs the massive bright digits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

We don’t know for sure that tech pack (and hence HUD) will not be fitted to orders that were already in the system prior to the new specifications.  After all, HUDs must be available to be fitted to Mazdas (assuming they haven’t lost it as well) !

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I'm a bit of a niche case - Want a small car but also long range; The HUD is just more of my weird needs!

In my case it's because I've gotten too used to the fairly unique dashboard layout of the Mk1 and Mk2 Yarisesieueis, and I just can't use a normal dash now.

They were far more sensible and usable than conventional dashboards IMHO - High and in the middle, so not obscured by the steering wheel, and collimated 5-10m ahead of the car so you didn't have to re-focus your eyes to read the speedo, which was also in big easy to see digits.

After getting so used to that, I found normal dashes just give me a headache and eyestrain from the constant focus-changing, and I can't see my speed at a glance like I can with those dashes as I'm not used to trying to pick out the tiny thin needle. vs the massive bright digits.

I owned my current MK3 icon for 4 years now. I want the vast improvements the MK4 excel tech pack will give me. I travel quite a lot throughout England and sometimes Wales during the spring, summer & autumn seasons.

Using a standalone sat nav in the middle of the window. My car doesn't come with sat nav but dislike the outdated & dangerous positioning of it anyway. So the HUD will further enhanced my driving experience. 

I also owned a MK1 over 10 years ago, like the digital speedo then, hate reading from the dials. For me the HUD and tech are worth paying for and I will fully make use of it & get my money's worth for the type of drivings that I do. I understand for others who only drives locally and the long lead time means they can do without. 

• Like 1

I felt the same way - Have to say the HUD is very nice; It's very clear in all lighting conditions and I almost never have to take my eyes off the road to look at the dashboard. It even pops up the track name if I skip to the next music track!

The only downside is it's polarized the same way as my polarized glasses, so I can't wear them while driving if I want to see the HUD! Also the projection port is a total b*****d to clean dust out of because you can't see into it. I tried to clean it with a damp microfibre cloth and had to rub it down the next day because there was a dirty great streak over it that I only saw when I drove it. I also smacked my head into the windscreen twice while doing this (It's so shallow it sneaks up on you!), which I then also had to clean!

The HUD is still available in other markets, just not the UK (Why Toyota UK whyyyy??) so I don't expect it will stop being an option for the Mazda any time soon, as Mazda UK seem to have more sensible decision makers. (Like not putting giant mpg sapping rims on an econobox! Honestly, I feel the decision makers should be moved to VW or BMW... they just have the utterly wrong mindset for the typical Toyota customer...)

If the car was ordered with the HUD-enabled Tech pack, I imagine they'd have to honour that or it leaves them open to having the car rejected on the grounds of that wasn't what you paid for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Using a standalone sat nav in the middle of the window. My car doesn't come with sat nav but dislike the outdated & dangerous positioning of it anyway. So the HUD will further enhanced my driving experience. 

I also owned a MK1 over 10 years ago, like the digital speedo then, hate reading from the dials. For me the HUD and tech are worth paying for and I will fully make use of it & get my money's worth for the type of drivings that I do.

Just be aware that (from other threads) it’s not clear if the Sat Nav display can be configured into the HUD.

At least that’s my understanding.

Yeah, the manual says it should be able to show a compass and directions, but it seems it doesn't work on the Cross or newer revisions of the headunit for some reason...?

I don't mind 16" rims if they put 205mm tyres on them. Since only the 17" has that profile tyre, will trade some ride comfort and mpg for better grip. MK4 has better mpg than the MK3 anyway!

Every time I do a week long journey like I had done in North Wales last month, I wished I had a better equip car to deal with those country/mountainous roads. 

Had a bmw 3 series about 15 years ago which had 205/60/15 tyre profile, would happily put that on but the MK3 yaris cannot do that, only 195/60/15. But since i'm looking to upgrade to a better MK4 or corolla then will just continue until car change. 

On 6/23/2022 at 6:27 PM, GSM11 said:

I am losing the HUD as I am trading in a CX30, I couldn’t justify the extra £800 or longer delivery time think they said it would have been December or later. Can understand why you like having it but for me most of my driving is pootling around town, hope I don’t regret it.  Main aim of getting a Yaris was better fuel economy and less on monthly payments.

We're moving from a CHR (separate thread) to a Mazda2 hybrid (re badged Yaris). The Mazda has the HUD in the spec we're having. The Mazda seems to have a mix of the Yaris' specification in Select grade, limited choices admittedly, but ours will be in black and its everything we will need. Oh yes, on the delivery theme, ordered first week in June 2022, estimated time of delivery September 2022. I'll keep you updated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Llynyfan said:

We're moving from a CHR (separate thread) to a Mazda2 hybrid (re badged Yaris). The Mazda has the HUD in the spec we're having. The Mazda seems to have a mix of the Yaris' specification in Select grade, limited choices admittedly, but ours will be in black and its everything we will need. Oh yes, on the delivery theme, ordered first week in June 2022, estimated time of delivery September 2022. I'll keep you updated.

That's pretty quick ETA. I'm giving this some thoughts because the HUD can be ordered and quicker turnaround time, thought I wanted the 17" for the 205mm tyres which the mazda 2 doesn't come with.

But the price of £23,285 from carwow is a little higher when I got quoted £22700 for the Yaris excel tech pack earlier in the year. Also Toyota has a lower interest rate of 1.9% compares to 5.4% at Mazda. 

@Cyker read your reason for going down from 17" wheels to 15" to have a better ride, was there not an alternative profile tyre to gain a bit better ride? I.e 215/45/17 or 205/50/17. It was a lot of effort and money to get down to 15". Did u sell the 17"?

Nah, still got the 17's in the shed. Not sure whether to sell them or keep them for when I sell the car atm as I'm told it will greatly affect the sell price of the car if e.g. I part-ex it back to a dealer.

There's no profile to get a better ride on 17's - You can fudge the width and ratio all you want but no matter what you pick the sidewall will either be the same height or it will throw out the speedo.

The 15's were just a much better option for me - more comfortable ride, quieter, much better resistance to pothole/pinch punctures and kerbing, tyres much cheaper and, to me, the rim/tyre ratio looks more balanced than with the 17's. If it had 16's I wouldn't have bothered - I think that's the sweet spot - but that's another thing you can't have with a HUD so I factored that in from the get go.

As I understand a speedo tolerance of +- a few % are legally allowed. So either profile I quoted above would help a bit but nowhere near going to 15" of course.

The sweet spot for me on the 17" would be 205/55/17. Like u I want comfort ride but also wide tyres for the type of roads I travelled on regularly. Why do Toyota go for style over substance? They ain't selling the Yaris to boy racers! I only want the 45% of the profile if the tyre width is at least 235mm. 

• Like 1

I know right?? And the new trim level, the GR Sport, has 18" rims! It's an eco hybrid box! Sticking the word Sport and 18" rims on it is not going to make it sportier! In fact I bet the 18" rims will make the car slower :laugh: 

At least do something meaningful like the old Yaris T-Sport and SR's.

• Like 1

Yes I noticed that and were horrified 😮. Those guys at Toyota suppose to know what they are doing, so well out of tuned! Don't they understand a lot of us have years of driving experience and some understanding of car set ups. 

I mean the corolla excel 2.0 has 18" with 180 odd bhp. Yaris GR with 116 bhp 🤔

• Like 1

It does seem they're trying to go after the german market audience, where the bigger the rims the better even if the tyres are so low profile they may as well be rubber bands painted black :laugh: 

They'll need to vastly improve the interior quality if they want to do that, but frankly I'd rather they focus on what they do best - Reliable and economical drivetrains. Especially since the german brands seem to have abandoned that in favour of bling the last few years...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links