Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Save my spine!

Cyker

Agreed, in fact I've found that the lower the noise rating of a tyre, often the NOISIER the tyre is *inside* the car! :laugh: 

I've been deliberately picking tyres which have higher noise ratings because of this :laugh: 

Can't speak for the Cross but if it's anything like the normal Yaris, yeah it's quite noisy - the skin is very thin and tinny and road noise gets transmitted quite readily into the car. I went from 17" rims to 15" rims and it helped a bit, esp. lowering the noise frequency so it's at a less obnoxious frequency.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike,

I think i found the noise issue in the boot, the split load floor, top half is strong but the bottom half is very flimsy so i guess they are vibrating over certain surfaces so i will eithter take them out or add some foam or something, been doing a few more miles since the last post and ive found it ok and i have the seat more or less sorted now but the latest was my Display did a software update which knocked my mirroring of Android auto out, took ages to get it hooked up in the first place but having said all that i do have AA Media so i can listen to The BBC radio anytime through the system and if want i also have the Toyota sat nave system which seems to work ok, i never really need to use it as i mainly know where im going anyway but Google Maps is useful if you need to get to specific places in the City Dublin especially as i sometimes have to go up there other than that is all rural roads the equivelent of B some A standard.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, flash22 said:

The floor, boot, doors and rear arches lack any sound deadening, my go to is Silent coat 2mm, and 4mm on the floor a bulk pack will do a whole car then some (40 sheets - £90)

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/2542/s/silent-coat-40-sheet-bulk-pack-of-car-sound-proofing-deadening-vibration-2mm-mat/category/58/

just doing the doors improves the sound of the stereo, cuts road noise and the door don't sound like a tin can when shut

Thanks Bob cheap enough and there is also a firm in Ireland that do the same sort of stuff simalar price

On 7/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, flash22 said:

The floor, boot, doors and rear arches lack any sound deadening, my go to is Silent coat 2mm, and 4mm on the floor a bulk pack will do a whole car then some (40 sheets - £90)

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/2542/s/silent-coat-40-sheet-bulk-pack-of-car-sound-proofing-deadening-vibration-2mm-mat/category/58/

just doing the doors improves the sound of the stereo, cuts road noise and the door don't sound like a tin can when shut

On 7/20/2021 at 8:21 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah it's as high as it can go because I really miss the old high seating position of the Mk1 and Mk2 - I've been experimenting with having the seat back at different angles, but still haven't found a good position that doesn't induce back ache!

Annoyingly the most comfortable position for my back is the least comfortable position for my arms and legs! :laugh:

I think I'll put it back to where my arms and legs are comfortable and just stick a cushion on the back of the seat and see how that goes... All the lumbar supports I've looked at so far are either more than I want to pay, look flimsy AF, or are apparently designed by sadists!

Good move i have had the same issue with my Yaris Cross, i was following peoples suggestions and like you i tried to find the leg and arm possisions right but one always compromised the other but plenty of trial and error i think i finnaly have it cracked, i also have made better use of an old Ikea footstool cussion, its around an inch thick and i have part of it on the seat and a bit on the back just below the lumber support, seems to work ok, im sure you could find something like that, i found my lower spine was my biggest issue, hope thats useful

20220804_151648.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If seat not deformed and a spring under seat is not snapped then I dont see how a seat trimmer or upholsterer will help unless you ask him to change it to a specific car type of seat.

Low profile tyres pressure front 32 rear 29.

Personally no problem with noise its actually quieter than my old yaris.

Stuffing foam in doors used to do that years ago when fitting door Speakers any make!.

• Like 1

I agree thats why i have that bit of memory foam on my seat as in pic above Derek, i will try the lower tyre pressures but my Yaris cross says 36/32 on the door, and yes i agree it was probably the change in car and the empty space with vibrating pannels in the boot, the more i drive it the more i will get used to it i guess. Somewhat more annoyingly after the last Software update i can no longer mirror my Android Auto and now i have lost the Toyota sat nav all together so a call to the dealer i think.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derek, Not on the Yaris Cross 34psi front and 32psi rear ride is allot better

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links