Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Looking for UK RAV4 PHEV owners. Some questions...


Nick72
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Suspect not many yet. Loads of US owners on Reddit and other forums on Tapatalk. Really useful stuff but feeling lonely and have UK questions. 

Company car gets delivered in 3 weeks. Dynamic Premium in decuma grey with protection plus pack.

Am I right in the following...

We don't get the digital rear view mirror? Such a shame as this is such a cool feature. Wonder why?

We don't get a spare wheel? Just the puncture repair kit? Anyone got pics of the amount of space this frees up as I like to carry emergency gear for mountain road trips so on the last PHEV there was lots of nicely compartmentalised space under the floor panel which was really very useful. 

Any interesting storage ideas for the cubby hole on the right hand side rear of the boot? Seems like a useful space for quick access items?

How are you finding the app? Does the preconditioning feature work? Remote unlock and lock? Energy stats? Charge status?

Are you using Android Auto?

Any issues with the car?

Thanks for help in advance.

N

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Nick72, I use the MyT app on both an iPad and Samsung Android phone, both work OK. Preconditioning works and is a nice feature when it's really hot as yet not used it in the cold.  The energy stats are OK but seem to be more focused at the hybrid features. i.e., if you do a 100 mile trip with 45miles on an initial charge it calculates the trip mpg on the full 100 miles and not the 55 miles on engine/hybrid.  However, overall it's good and the find my car feature works well.

I am looking at getting a spare (saver) tyre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, I use the MyT app on both an iPad and Samsung Android phone, both work OK. Preconditioning works and is a nice feature when it's really hot as yet not used it in the cold.  The energy stats are OK but seem to be more focused at the hybrid features. i.e., if you do a 100 mile trip with 45miles on an initial charge it calculates the trip mpg on the full 100 miles and not the 55 miles on engine/hybrid.  However, overall it's good and the find my car feature works well.

I am looking at getting a spare (saver) tyre.

Thanks Ernie. Really appreciated. 

 

So it looks like we don't get the digital rear view mirror. Shame since it's available across Europe and looks great with excellent resolution too. I thought this was the case but held out hope.

Sounds like the app is ok. Find the car and preconditioning including defrosting are key features for me. Stats on driving useful. Last PHEV app used to store all individual trips including odometer readings at start and end and could allow you to tag them as business or personal. Really useful although it would frequently lose all the trip data at random.

I'll stick with the extra space I get from not having a spare. Breakdown and recovery is pretty good with my company car folks.

I couldn't see a wall box charger cable included anywhere. Unless that's what it means by home charger (but thought that meant mains plug). I assume we get one of these too? I don't need one longer than 4m. I have a 10m one already but that's a pain.

Thanks again Ernie

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Nick72, the app does have individual trip data, this detailed and shows hard acceleration and braking.

Two cables are provided a mains to type 2 mode 2 and a mode 2 to mode 2.  The charging can be scheduled either in the car or via the app. I currently use the mains charger which works for me overnight.  You can schedule the times start, finish or charge now and include environmental precondition which will then be done using power from the house rather than the car.

Not lost any data so far, sometimes off line but comes back quickly, the app is updated regularly. 
 

The information is available via the web log in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


we aint got spare wheel in Sweden neighter.

Here some pics (scroll down a bit)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, the app does have individual trip data, this detailed and shows hard acceleration and braking.

Two cables are provided a mains to type 2 mode 2 and a mode 2 to mode 2.  The charging can be scheduled either in the car or via the app. I currently use the mains charger which works for me overnight.  You can schedule the times start, finish or charge now and include environmental precondition which will then be done using power from the house rather than the car.

Not lost any data so far, sometimes off line but comes back quickly, the app is updated regularly. 
 

The information is available via the web log in.

Thanks again Ernie. Do you know how long the cables are? I suspect I'll order a 4.5m one if they're over 5m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

we aint got spare wheel in Sweden neighter.

Here some pics (scroll down a bit)

 

That's really helpful thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, the cables are 7.5m and as I've said you do get both.

Gotcha. Thanks Ernie. I'll need to buy a short one o think. Too lazy to roll up 7.5m of cable every day when I only need 4m. Wonder of they'll swap me at the dealership as I'm sure they sell 4.5 cables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership