Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check

Dave47

On 8/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, john p williams said:

I don`t understand why a free H.H.C. should be charged ?

It includes a change of the hybrid filter

On 8/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, john p williams said:

I don`t understand why a free H.H.C. should be charged ?

The (free) hybrid health check is included within the Hybrid Electric Service when carried by a Toyota dealer.

Where owners use an independent for servicing, they can pay a Toyota dealer for a hybrid health check to gain the hybrid Battery warranty extension

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

It includes a change of the hybrid filter

Did they changed your one? I am not sure is included., dealers doesn’t even change cabin filters or air filters with regular service don’t know if they are going to change the Battery fan filter . 

I'm sure they wouldn't unless explicitly asked - From what I remember people saying on here they don't even clean or inspect the filter during the HHC! It seems it's just plugged into techstream which then runs all the voltage diagnostics, air flow checks etc.

23 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Did they changed your one? I am not sure is included., dealers doesn’t even change cabin filters or air filters with regular service don’t know if they are going to change the battery fan filter . 

Do they not change cabin and engine filters during a service?

there’s this Toyota tech on YouTube who mentioned don’t  remember his name but he get quoted here quite often 

As far as I'm aware, it should be that the Full service - every 2 years/20,000 miles - includes replacement of the air filter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware, it should be that the Full service - every 2 years/20,000 miles - includes replacement of the air filter.

Ah ok

im guessing they check to make sure the vent isn’t covered or blocked

2 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Ah ok

im guessing they check to make sure the vent isn’t covered or blocked

Really easy to check that yourself on the Corolla because the panel is in plain view on the right hand side of the rear seat bench. The grill comes out with one screw if you want to check the filter for cleanliness. I intend to give mine a blow out every other year between major services, just because it's so easy to do and so important for the health of the Battery pack.

They change the *AIR* filter, as in the engine air filer - NONE of the other filters are part of the servicing schedule, not the cabin filter and not the hybrid Battery filter.

They're supposed to *check* the cabin filter, and if it's dirty advise that it needs to be replaced, but that is an extra chargeable item on top. I usually just buy the filter and change it myself every couple of years (Even from Toyota they're not expensive), as I'm 99% certain my dealer has never checked the cabin filter ever.

I don't know if they actually visually check the hybrid system air filter during servicing - I suspect the only check for that is during the HHC, where the system reports whether the airflow is ok or not.

• Like 1

Retail on the Toyota air filter is £38 !!! I paid £18 for the last one, cabin filter depends on what one you have, Toyota ones are expensive. Hengst and Mahle are both decent cabin filters for the money and take 2 mins to swap, i tend to go with the carbon filter over the standard one

depending on the mileage, you may get a spill and fill Stevie Wonder service

Really?? :eek: Christ that's a hike... Where are you getting them?? IIRC I only paid £28 for a charcoal one in the Mk2, but in the Mk1 I only ever paid £18-20 for the cabin filters, and this is me literally buying in person from the parts desk at the less awful dealer (i.e. not jemca :laugh: )

I highly recommend to all car owners and especially those who live in big cities and those who travel on busy motorways , change your cabin filter every 10k miles or at least once a year, this is the most important filter in your car and it’s there to protect you and your passengers from harmful pollution. Here it is the difference between old and new cabin filter, time used 2.5 months and traveled 10k miles on uk motorways. You can use either with active carbon or not, I use basic ones from Blueprint but they are made of high quality material and also ultra cheap £6-£10 eBay or Amazon. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cabin-Pollen-Filter-Fits-Toyota-Yaris-Avensis-Prius-Hilux-Blue-Print-ADT32514-/173521013506?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0👌

8D73D228-9DBD-444F-B0D0-82D339C924E9.jpeg

• Like 1

Flippin' heck Tony where have you been driving!? :eek: 

Even the ones in my diesel Yaris never looked that dark before I changed them! And I spent a lot of time behind London busses! The one in my Mk2 did, but that's because it was a charcoal one :laugh: 

• Haha 1

£38 is the air filter (Engine) on the hybrid, cabin filter is £8-12 for an aftermarket one, never looked up the oem cabin filter

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Flippin' heck Tony where have you been driving!? :eek: 

Even the ones in my diesel Yaris never looked that dark before I changed them! And I spent a lot of time behind London busses! The one in my Mk2 did, but that's because it was a charcoal one :laugh: 

M25 🤣🏎🏁

now seriously no dirt like usual leafs or debris, maybe some dust and the rest is carbons and other particles and the filter smells like fuel. 🤢🤮😶

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My Toyota dealer's Hybrid testing computer was unable to start the Hybrid Health Check as I had fitted a new 'spurious' [12volt highest quality] Battery. It said to cover 300 more miles.

When I did this the computer again said to cover another 300 miles to be able to do the test! Does a replacement of the 12 volt Battery need to be recognized/updated by the car's computer?

The traction Battery still shows the original  40 mile range after 21000 miles and 6 years of age.

• 1 month later...

Just had my Auris Hybrid serviced, was sent a video but they couldn't do Hybrid health check and tild me to drive 500 miles. 

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links