Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT App Vehicle Verification Not Possible for Leaseholders

Saxacat

@Saxacat, I think part of the reason it’s still owned by Toyota is to do with VAT payments.  As Toyota have not sold the car only leased it they save money that would be paid on a new car sale but pay based on the lease arrangements.  Now I may have got this wrong but that’s my understanding based on a discussion I had with a friendly dealer a few years ago. Maybe someone will know if this is correct or not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

@Saxacat, I think part of the reason it’s still owned by Toyota is to do with VAT payments.  As Toyota have not sold the car only leased it they save money that would be paid on a new car sale but pay based on the lease arrangements.  Now I may have got this wrong but that’s my understanding based on a discussion I had with a friendly dealer a few years ago. Maybe someone will know if this is correct or not?

It would be interesting to know; the 3rd party leasing company obviously make money from the process, not sure whether the dealership gets anything out of it.

I'm not sure if I could have leased directly from Toyota; I was told by a Lexus dealer that that option would be available soon from Lexus, but wasn't back in April when I was shopping around..  

• Like 1

Sorry to bring this topic back, but I've found a very simple solution for anyone having the same problem, so thought I would post it.

The code sometimes required for vehicle verification in the MyT app and online account, is actually on a plate in the vehicle.

At the bottom of the central door pillar on the passenger side there is a plate, at the bottom of the plate you have the word 'Model' followed by 7 characters, a hyphen, and then 6 more characters; the code required, are the first 7 characters after the word 'Model'.

Would have saved me a lot of hassle if I'd known this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cheers, Ive just used this to add mine.  Why doesnt the MYT website tell you this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saxacat said:

Sorry to bring this topic back, but I've found a very simple solution for anyone having the same problem, so thought I would post it.

The code sometimes required for vehicle verification in the MyT app and online account, is actually on a plate in the vehicle.

At the bottom of the central door pillar on the passenger side there is a plate, at the bottom of the plate you have the word 'Model' followed by 7 characters, a hyphen, and then 6 more characters; the code required, are the first 7 characters after the word 'Model'.

Would have saved me a lot of hassle if I'd known this.

Got it.

No car yet though. Looking like delivery next week.

However, Toyota just sent me a screenshot of their order system which listed the VIN in one of the fields.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Cheers, Ive just used this to add mine.  Why doesnt the MYT website tell you this?

It would be helpful wouldn't it. I only noticed when I was washing the car and recognised the code on the plate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links