Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Corrosion

webjaved

If it is still solid steel behind the rust, it should be fine. My 2002 Altima has rust on the hub for 19 years and still fine, just surface rust. The rust can be fixed by spraying galvanized paint after the rust is completely removed. Almost all 10 years old  cars has rust on the struts. Usually only the outside thin layer rust. Just keep it that way until you want to renew the struts if it feels too soft or just want like new firmer rude with Bilstein or KYB struts.  I often replace the rear shocks whenever my car bounch to much on the back. It is 30 minute job and the part is cheap too. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, webjaved said:

Luckily mine was just surface rust too, it's been cleaned and protection applied to it as you can see from the video, didn't cost me much now it's a matter of how long that lasts now.

I've been looking at other second cars and the prices are just expensive. I'm just going to stick with it and see how long the car lasts me. It's not caused me big problems, long may that continue. 

May we all be protected and be safe on the roads. 

There are offers on drive the deal for new Toyota cars good savings on aygo Yaris and Corolla, and Steven Eagell does scrapage deals with around £2000 off a new car just noticed that today and remember you had asked before. But no need to buy a new one just because of some rust. My car has rust too. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AisinW said:

The rust looks benign. Just surface rust.  I have the same problems in my Auris 2015. I just clean it with wore brush and sand it down. Apply some rust stopper with Thannin base from Nigrin. After 1 day, I respray with Zn primer. It last 2 years without new rust. The primer coating peel off on the painted surface but still stick on the previous rust surface20210527_203547.jpg
Still on your original tyres !? Maybe it’s time for a new set of rubber 🚙👍

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

There are offers on drive the deal for new Toyota cars good savings on aygo Yaris and Corolla, and Steven Eagell does scrapage deals with around £2000 off a new car just noticed that today and remember you had asked before. But no need to buy a new one just because of some rust. My car has rust too. 👍

I'm just going to keep the car as long as possible, build up my no claims bonuses and good insurance record then change it when needed. It's running fine and hasn't caused me any major problems. Touch wood, it stays that way. 

I might just pop into my local Rochdale dealership and have a nosey to see what they have in & on offer (if any)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:
19 hours ago, AisinW said:

The rust looks benign. Just surface rust.  I have the same problems in my Auris 2015. I just clean it with wore brush and sand it down. Apply some rust stopper with Thannin base from Nigrin. After 1 day, I respray with Zn primer. It last 2 years without new rust. The primer coating peel off on the painted surface but still stick on the previous rust surface20210527_203547.jpg
Still on your original tyres !? Maybe it’s time for a new set of rubber 🚙👍

I love environment and minimize waste by using it until 2mm remaining tread. Afterall, it is legal and still safe, I love how Michelin promoting to use tires untill the legal limit and push worn test in addition to new tire test as industry standard.  I got new set of Goodyear Eff.grip 2, it is very comfortable with 360 treadwear and no jaring unlike Dunlop with 240 treadwear. It is about 50% longer life

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AisinW said:

I love environment and minimize waste by using it until 2mm remaining tread. Afterall, it is legal and still safe, I love how Michelin promoting to use tires untill the legal limit and push worn test in addition to new tire test as industry standard.  I got new set of Goodyear Eff.grip 2, it is very comfortable with 360 treadwear and no jaring unlike Dunlop with 240 treadwear. It is about 50% longer life

I use to change tyres often before once they get worn to around 4mm, but now I am thinking to keep these to their end., I have Goodyear same as yours egp 2 since last March done over 40k miles on them and they still have around 4.5-5.5mm all 4., seriously good tyres and ultra quiet too, highly recommended to everyone. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links